Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nasty surprise found under center console

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 12:26 AM
buddy911t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've found them in air filters before, never could understand how they got in there, it's a closed system is it not?
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Devil Boy
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Aww man...my car is in storage right now several states away and will be for another couple months. Now I'm going to have this image in my mind. Thanks! (>.<)
Old 10-23-2012, 03:10 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by buddy911t
I've found them in air filters before, never could understand how they got in there, it's a closed system is it not?
No. The air filter is open to outside. There may be engine compartment louvers but a mouse can squeak (no pun... well, ok a pun!) through pretty amazing small gaps.

Years ago when houses were being torn down in my area the remaining houses were overrun with vermin. Neighbor advised me to shove steel wool into every gap. We were in the garage looking at the water heater and there was a small gap between the sheet rock around the water pipe from the tank into the house and it was clear mice had been going through that gap. I don't think I could have stuck my finger through the gap. but I packed it tight with steel wool.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Nasty surprise found under center console