Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shark Werks Project 997.2S, Brembo, TechArt, Werks1, RSS, MACarbon & then some!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
Looks amazing except for the Automatic.
Did you mean PDK?
Old 10-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Not crazy about those wheels either, but they are still an improvement over the stock C2S wheels.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PDK is an automatic.

Originally Posted by Mark Harris
Did you mean PDK?

Last edited by Spokane5150; 10-15-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:02 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave I
Not crazy about those wheels either, but they are still an improvement over the stock C2S wheels.
C'mon Dave, stock wheels are the biz, you know that
Old 10-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
PDK is and automatic.
It was a rhetorical question but thanks for the response.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarek307
that rear diffuser + wheels = ..........

ps: rest of car looks great
Cheers and for sure not everyone wants/likes the same HRE P40s etc... but he wanted something forged, light and rare so the CEC ones come in around 21 pounds.
Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
Those wheels are sick... how much do they weigh?
20 in front and 23 in rear.
Originally Posted by gota911
Lowered stance looks great. Wheels - FAIL!
Thanks and see above
Originally Posted by TommyV44
I don't like those wheels at all.

Tom
Sorry Tom, first time we've seen/used them but they're made well in Germany and forged/light.
Originally Posted by rodsky
Great job all around. Not sure the wheels are my cup of tea. Must be function over looks
Thanks!
Originally Posted by cairo94507
Rear diffuser and wheels are a no-go for me but to each his own. I just know I would smash the diffuser on my driveway - the wheels are just not what I prefer. I am sure they are light however. Brembos look very serious and the way this car sits it looks perfect.
I know the Champion guys and their Werks1 division wind-tunnel test their stuff quite intensively so it does work
Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
With the exception of the lowered stance, I think the car looked better before.
Those wheels are awful and the rear diffuser is just stupid. Sorry.

Did you do any tests on the braking distance? Do they even make an improvement?
Just seems like a waste of money. 911's brake so well stock.
No need to be sorry and appreciate any feedback of course. The car actually started as a daily driver for him but this past year he's gotten into tracking very seriously and so once his stock brakes (which of course are world class- come from the 996tt basically) started to become an issue in terms of fade (the car is heavy after all) and needed replacing he wanted to go with something that had more bite, slotted rotors that dissipated heat better and lasted longer. The 6-piston kit is also lighter overall. Absolutely it does stop/work/function better for the track
Originally Posted by boolala
Nice job (as usual) overall. I actually like the wheels and the carbon bits. But that diffuser just looks out of place to me. It looks great on the F430 but looks awful on the 911. In any case carbon fiber is not the best choice of material for "underbody" parts that may be subject to scraping as it is brittle, very difficult to repair and very expensive to replace.
Cheers! On the rear... It's something that the Champion Motorsports guys developed for all the 911's and it's rarely used (I know Turbo guys use it) but they sure do wind-tunnel test it
Originally Posted by s329
Quality work as always from Sharkwerks.
The owner could have just bought a 997.1 GT3 with the costs of those components.
Thanks and for sure I agree! That's the road he's probably going to go down I think in the near future. We can just carry over the suspension and brake parts at least.
Originally Posted by Zeus993
I gotta jump in here... I think it looks GREAT. Not all wheels work in all circumstances but I really like these. They some how add a nice aesthetic touch without taking the bad-boy look away. And the diffuser? Form vs. Function? I think it's cool. I'd like to drive this car!
Thanks and actually it's the best driving 997.2S we've done. Really sticks to the curves and he's pulling some great times at the track.
Originally Posted by Dave I
Roger that. Stockers aren't my fav. either!

Forgot to say on his stockers he actually has race rubber on there:P

Last edited by sharkster; 10-16-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Shark Werks Project 997.2S, Brembo, TechArt, Werks1, RSS, MACarbon & then some!