Sponsored by:

Porsche exclusive events at Pebble Beach Concours

Old 08-14-2012, 03:50 PM
air-cooledjbj
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Porsche exclusive events at Pebble Beach Concours

Hey guys,

I'm going back to Pebble Beach next weekend for the Concours. I believe I remember there being some Porsche exclusive events and I was wondering if anyone knew when and where they're taking place over the weekend, and how to get invited to these?

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:51 PM
OGWGFIW
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is the Legends of the Autobahn event for PCA members. Is that what you are referring to? I'm in!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Believe there is over 150 Porsches registered for the Legends event. Combine that with BMW, Mercedes and Audi and you have quite a show. Can't wait to get out there on Friday.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 AM
ahimanic
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have to register for the event to be a spectator? Does anyone know what the ticket costs for general admission?

I didn't find any general admission information at the Legends of Autobahn event website, only fees for registering a vehicle.

I will be camping in Big Sur this weekend so I can swing on up there.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:10 PM
air-cooledjbj
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ahimanic
Do you have to register for the event to be a spectator? Does anyone know what the ticket costs for general admission?

I didn't find any general admission information at the Legends of Autobahn event website, only fees for registering a vehicle.

I will be camping in Big Sur this weekend so I can swing on up there.
No, spectators are free. Per PCA, just get there early and purchase a corral parking ticket. Don't know the price though.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:11 AM
ahimanic
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found some information here http://www.legendsoftheautobahn.org/Home.html but most of it seems to be geared toward registration to participate in the car show. PCA doesn't mention "corral parking" fee but BMWCCA lists a $30 fee. However, it appears that the vehicle in the corral has to be a BMW as each club has its own special corral. Some PCA verbiage mentioned that you have to be a member to participate but I'm guessing that's in reference to registering your car for the show.

There is also some verbiage somewhere that alluded to the show being there for the weekend but all this stuff are vague.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:10 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

There is no entry fee to see the cars. I believe there is a small parking donation to the church next door. Looks like registration is closed. I'm pretty sure the corral was $30.00

The event is literally next door to the Quail. So if you have tickets to the Quail and want to see some more German cars, drive out of one driveway and into another.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:37 AM
OGWGFIW
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The corral is $30 as noted but a $10 late fee is now in effect. I signed up for it.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll be showing my 997 at Legends of the Autobahn tomorrow, Friday 8/17. It's a one day show. My car is entered in the concours and will be judged. Anyone attending please stop by and say hi.

Spectators should be free entry. Far as I know.

See if you can spot the blue car on the field.
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche exclusive events at Pebble Beach Concours