Sponsored by:

Porsche is history but..

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 09:14 AM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche is history but..

Sold the 911S back to a dealer on Friday.... I'll be leaving this forum and heading over to the Boxster territory to check out the possibility of getting into new car. I have mixed feelings to say the least but it was the thing to do at this time. Not using the car as much as I'd planned and hope it goes to a nice home.

The new Boxsters are headed to the dealerships in the next few days so I'll be haunting several stores until I find something that I can't live without..(I find it's a very easy thing to do)

Old 06-24-2012, 09:18 AM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 06-24-2012, 09:41 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by jakes dad
Sold the 911S back to a dealer on Friday.... I'll be leaving this forum and heading over to the Boxster territory to check out the possibility of getting into new car. I have mixed feelings to say the least but it was the thing to do at this time. Not using the car as much as I'd planned and hope it goes to a nice home.

The new Boxsters are headed to the dealerships in the next few days so I'll be haunting several stores until I find something that I can't live without..(I find it's a very easy thing to do)

Wow....big change!! Good Luck to you.

Tom
Old 06-24-2012, 05:38 PM
gonz911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. Good luck.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

The new Boxsters look the bee's knees. There's a lot of good buzz (pun and I'm so sorry...) about the car and more than a few current Boxster owners have already decided to upgrade to the new model having put in an order.

I'm tempted by the new Cayman when it arrives.

In the meantime I enjoy splitting my driving between my 02 Boxster and my 03 Turbo. I think you'll really enjoy the Boxster. Mine has been a fantastic car, for over 256K miles.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:42 AM
garyinseattle
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out Pedro's Board at:

http://pedrosboard.com/index.php

I had 5 good years with a Boxster. Big difference in the 2 cars relative to handling and performance, but I have nothing but good things to say about driving a Boxster. For everyday driving, the Boxster is a much easier car to live with from a number of perspectives.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:35 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My DD is a 2005 Boxster... LOVE IT!!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
The new Boxsters look the bee's knees. There's a lot of good buzz (pun and I'm so sorry...) about the car and more than a few current Boxster owners have already decided to upgrade to the new model having put in an order.

I'm tempted by the new Cayman when it arrives.

In the meantime I enjoy splitting my driving between my 02 Boxster and my 03 Turbo. I think you'll really enjoy the Boxster. Mine has been a fantastic car, for over 256K miles.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Hi Macster - Have you ever driven the Spyder? Just wondering how it compares to your other cars. I test drove one a couple weeks ago, and it's the best handling car that I've ever driven. So I'll be buying either a Spyder or a 981S. I'll be test dring the 981 later this week, but based on the pictures it looks great. Its only drawback is the new steering which is supposed to provide less feedback. So if that causes me a problem, I'll go with the Spyder.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:15 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Good luck. The 981S should meet your needs, and if you need a little more power there are tuners out there who can accomodate you. I've owned a 987S for over five years, and I considered buying a 997.2S convertible, but I've grown too accustomed to the handling of the mid-engined Boxster to be happy with the rear engined 997.
Please don't construe this as a criticism of the 997 because I believe that it is a beautiful car and turns lots of heads, but it's not the car for me.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Best of luck. You're going to love it.
I traded in my 2005 987S for my 2006 997S and miss the crap out of it. Prefer how the Boxster drives by far...but needed back seats.

Quick Reply: Porsche is history but..