Sponsored by:

How Is Loeber Motors????

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 03:24 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default How Is Loeber Motors????

So, the Boxster is getting new shoes next week. Michelin PS2's. I am picking up 2 fronts (235/35/19) from a Rennlister this Wednesday.

I always have tire work done by the dealerships. Gives me piece of mind. Worth the extra cost vs a tire shop.

Loeber Motors quoted me $40 per wheel plus the cost of wheel weights. And I can use the 25% off coupon they sent me last year. So, about $120 plus weights.

Westmont Porsche quoted me $360 plus the added costs of the wheel weights used. WTF! 3 times the cost of the Porsche dealership accross town. Crazy.

All road-forced balanced. OEM Porsche weights.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:35 PM
zanwar
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loeber Motors is the best service department I've ever used, regardless of brand. I've spent a lot of money there over the last three years.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:50 PM
07C4S
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I only have experience with their MB dealer. MUCH better than the FJ/MB of Chicago downtown.

BUT - I really don't understand your worry about using a tire shop. I specifically seek out tire shops with the Hunter Road-Force machine AND has recently calibrated it. These guys do tires all day long every day. Mounting a tire is not complicated at all - see no reason to pay extra. Especially in Chicago with some tire stores that have been around for a long long time. Some of these will even store your winter/summer rims/tires for FREE during the opposite season. I think I pay $20 or $25 per tire w/ Road Force and any required weights.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:55 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by 07C4S
I only have experience with their MB dealer. MUCH better than the FJ/MB of Chicago downtown.

BUT - I really don't understand your worry about using a tire shop. I specifically seek out tire shops with the Hunter Road-Force machine AND has recently calibrated it. These guys do tires all day long every day. Mounting a tire is not complicated at all - see no reason to pay extra. Especially in Chicago with some tire stores that have been around for a long long time. Some of these will even store your winter/summer rims/tires for FREE during the opposite season. I think I pay $20 or $25 per tire w/ Road Force and any required weights.
I see tire posts, almost every few weeks, were the local tire shop farked up someone's wheels. No thanks. I'll pay a little extra and go to the dealership. Everything else, I have a great indy for that.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:19 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
I see tire posts, almost every few weeks, were the local tire shop farked up someone's wheels. No thanks. I'll pay a little extra and go to the dealership. Everything else, I have a great indy for that.
I had my wheels damaged by a Dealer as well as by a tire shop. I always dread the day when it's time for a tire change.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:57 PM
jason74
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Westmont quoted me $580 for an alignment today! Really, problem is that some people take them up on it...
Old 04-24-2012, 08:30 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by jason74
Westmont quoted me $580 for an alignment today! Really, problem is that some people take them up on it...
That's nuts! I have my alignments done at Fischer Motors in Barrington. Rick does all my maintenance. The Turbo has been aligned twice there. First time was about $230, and the second alignment was about $120.

I'll take the Boxster there for an alignment in about 2 weeks, after the tires are on.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 AM
07C4S
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to hear about Fischer. New to the P car and in Chicago - but the city. Barrington is a haul but I guess Metra is an option. Although if I'm going that far I'll probably use Axel Knauz. Every try Midwest Performance on Lake in the city?

I've had more damage done to my cars at a dealer than ever from good independents by probably a 5 to 1 ratio. The tire shop I go to is meticulous. Owner usually does my cars. They are also fanatical about the torque steps and specs.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the Porsche from Loeber but no longer go there for maintanence which is very expensive. Think I paid about $320 for a battery change there that should have been covered under warantee. Also had an alignment there for about $300 including wheel weights priced at $5 a piece or some ridiculous amount. Had an indy tire shop damage the rotor on my Benz one time so YMMV.

Quick Reply: How Is Loeber Motors????