Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 GTS Misfires and Stalls

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 12:10 AM
TxBob74
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes (on Tuesday morning) and nothing reported until this afternoon when I was told that DME error codes were being sent to Porsche for interpretation / deciphering / whatever, overnight. So they will have a report Friday morning. Maybe.

They better find something that needs replacement. If not, I will tell them to take a 30 minute freeway drive and report back.

Sorry for the rant. A hectic work week and slow dealer response. Maybe tomorrow will bring constructive news.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:16 AM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 78 Posts

that sucks, bro. you go and get one of the best NA Porsches money can buy (of course GT3/RS are in another league and not the best DD imho) and then it's sitting there without a good immediate explanation. not comforting in the least given a stressful work week.

hopefully all goes well in the end!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:12 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Bob,

Hope they get it resolved. I wouldn't be happy if my GTS was acting up like yours.

I assume the GTS in your avatar is your car. It looks great in that color with the aero kit.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:50 PM
TxBob74
Advanced

Alan C,

Dealer received the car Tuesday, 3/27 9:00a. I keep hoping that one day they will call me with news (I called them every day Tues - Thurs). Hope was not answered on Friday, when I didn't call, so now waiting on Monday. I'm beginning to ssupect they are dealing with a significant warranty issue. Or just can't figure it out.

The avatar is a construct from the Porsche website Configurator. So it's my car without the rear bumperettes.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Bob,

Hopefully Monday brings good news. Nice job n the Avatar.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:28 PM
IslandS52
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

5 days go by and no word from the dealer? I'd be livid.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:10 AM
subparrnd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TxBob74
Alan C,

Dealer received the car Tuesday, 3/27 9:00a. I keep hoping that one day they will call me with news (I called them every day Tues - Thurs). Hope was not answered on Friday, when I didn't call, so now waiting on Monday. I'm beginning to ssupect they are dealing with a significant warranty issue. Or just can't figure it out.

The avatar is a construct from the Porsche website Configurator. So it's my car without the rear bumperettes.
Sorry about your troubles. Did you take it to Momentum? Even though they are both owned by Sonic Automotive group, I would rather Hans at West Houston look at it.

That's sad that the dealership is taking this long to respond.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 PM
TxBob74
Advanced

Five days and counting....

Yes, Momentum. Not once have they initiated contact or been forthcoming. I had hoped that 1-2 days of silence (from me) would draw some response on their part. Maybe it's time to talk with the dealer manager. They are not paying for a loaner, so what's the rush?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:38 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Call service manager in the morning and demand an escalation. Unfortunately there is not much a customer can do in such situation but your car is most likely simply sits outside on their parking lot collecting dust while they serve more active customers.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:54 AM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Bob, sorry to hear about your car. I think that is par for the course with Momentum. You might try Porsche North next time. Yes I know the drive sucks because I am in the I-45 south and Beltway 8 area too. Porsche North will also provide you with a loaner. Not always another Porsche though.
Hope to see you at one of the LSRPCA.com events.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
subparrnd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely time to escalate this! I would even go as far as contact PCNA!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:01 PM
TxBob74
Advanced

Still no call today, so I called them after arriving home this evening. They just can't find a problem, except low fuel light has come on. It was at 1/4F when the rollback picked it up last week. They have added gas. Anyone know if low fuel will trip the CEL? That was his claim.

I told the SA one more time to take it for a 20-30 min drive and accelerate at freeway speeds after it's fully warm. Idling or no load in the shop will show nothing. I first had the symptom in December when fully warm and plenty of gas in the tank. If it's low fuel, which I doubt, the level indication is way off. I'm a mechanical engineer, and routinely size and specify pumps and model piping systems (on much larger scales, though), so I'm wondering whether the low pressure tank pump is supplying adequate pressure to the HPFP. The latest Panorama discusses 911 fuel systems through the years, including 2009 on. Pressure relief/recirculation is built into the tank pump. Perhaps the HPFP is being starved. Doesn't explain a steady 45 mph shutdown, though. Maybe some crappy gas or original build debris have partially blocked the suction filter.

I'll call the service manager in the morning to discuss their test plans. At this point, I am ready to take it to West Houston or North Houston, though.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:02 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob,

I had the exact same issue with Momentum regarding a follow up when my car failed a couple months ago. I took it to Momentum as this was the first time I had purchased from them in a very long time. I requested a follow up and each time I had to engage them to find out what was wrong with my car. I had requested they email the codes during the diagnoses and received nothing, not even a phone call. I had to drive over and request the codes so that I could determine whether they were even on track to resolving my issue. It turned out my fuel injector was bad but it took them a week to get started working on the car. I had to call each time to find out the status on the car.
Next time, I will take my car elsewhere as I just dont have the patience to deal with them anymore. I didnt get an apology for the lack of communication and no one called me for a survey. If they had, I would have ripped the over all service on this one.

You should find out something soon, good luck.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxsterG
Bob,

It turned out my fuel injector was bad but it took them a week to get started working on the car. I had to call each time to find out the status on the car.
Next time, I will take my car elsewhere as I just dont have the patience to deal with them anymore. I didnt get an apology for the lack of communication.
they will charge porsche for that week. it is a scam dealers do, they just drop your car on the lot pretending to 'work' on it while in fact nothing is going on, they just burn up your time to charge it for warranty claim.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
they will charge porsche for that week. it is a scam dealers do, they just drop your car on the lot pretending to 'work' on it while in fact nothing is going on, they just burn up your time to charge it for warranty claim.
Right up to the point the Porsche Service Rep audits some of the dealers claims. Then things get really interesting for the dealer service manager and general manager.

Quick Reply: 2011 GTS Misfires and Stalls