Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for some simple engine mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 08:41 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Had a big *** scare! I get it all installed and crank her over. Sounds pretty good, but something isn't right! I push my PSE button and nothing, it doesn't work!!!! I pop on here to do some research and find a thread about the solenoid that plugges into the air box (pic below), the OP mentioned that one of his hoses was off, so I figured that it just must need to be plugged up to open the flaps. So I go round the back w/ the engine running, so I can hear the immediate difference and put my finger over the hole.....nothing. I then unplug the wire from the other solenoid that is supposed to keep the flaps open all the time and nothing! Now I am getting really pissed and deciding to hang it up for the night, when I got another idea. I wondered if the car was started w/ the air box solenoid plugged, that it would then open the flaps and be totally functional. I start the car and get a nice sweet roar, then things as normal calm down after a few seconds. Still not 100% secure, I push the PSE button and hear those lovely flaps open and exhaust burble!
Fabspeed, needs to put this in their instruction for those w/ a PSE!
I can't drive the car tomorrow due to the weather, so then I can give a full report. Here is the pic below and the other is the boddingtons! haha
Attached Images    
Old 03-31-2012, 08:50 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The way the foam flows from that Boddingtons... is that a Fabspeed glass?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:16 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Skibum
The way the foam flows from that Boddingtons... is that a Fabspeed glass?
HAHA!!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:36 PM
fc2s
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, love the look.. great job!
can't wait to get your update on the sound and possible performance boost.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Should you ever want an even better sound put a Sharkwerks center muffler delete on the car.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:57 PM
SBPORSCHE
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't wait to hear your impressions of the intake. I've been thinking about getting one myself just for the sound.If there's any way you could posts sound clip or video it would be amazing. All the sound clips I can find also have something else done....(like primary bypass). I'm pretty sure I can isolate the sounds to hear a mean engine intake growl like the gt3 4.0....but it would be amazing to gets confirmation.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:04 PM
SBPORSCHE
Instructor

On the performance maybe you could time how long it takes to go from 2nd (or 3rd) gear from 2k to 7k....or maybe 30 to 75mph? Or a 4th gear pull from 2k to 5k..so there is a load on the engine. I'm happy to run whatever you do for comparisons sake...I have the Fabspeed primary bypass and maxflow(loud). Hopefully someone with a stock 997.2, gts and gt3 can
do the same ...the results would be so valuable!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:45 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

All I have to say is.............WOW! On top of the "bling" in the engine bay, the sound coupled w/ my PSE is fantastic! Further testament to the sound is my good friend I was on a run with this am. He also has an 09' C2S (non PSE, no mods) and has experienced the sound of my PSE for the past couple years, which he loves.
Today as we were ripping thru the twisties around a resevoir, he specifically called me on the cell to say how "sick" the car sounds w/ the intake. It gets louder and louder thru the Rpms and above 5K it starts screaming!!! The sound and looks alone are worth the money to me. Power wise, I must say that I feel a torque increase, it has a little more "grunt" down low. The day before, I drove it 175 miles without the intake, so it's not like I haven't had recent seat time and am just imagining the feel. I highly recommend it!!!

Last edited by SARGEPUG; 04-02-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:25 AM
SBPORSCHE
Instructor

2nd everything sarge says ....biggest mistake I've made in a long time is driving my 997.2 without this for months. Install took 10 minutes and could be reversed in same time.
Car feels remarkably faster, 5k+ rpm sounds like the videos I've watched of the gt3rs 4.0
Goosebumps and squeals of joy are unpreventable.
I'll post acceleration runs shortly to verify power increase.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Skibum
Banned

Anxiously awaiting real results.
I find it very interesting that there are those (like me) that have always said that the Porsche intake is all you need and is "good as it gets" yet now here are 2 independent reports to the contrary.
Please prove me wrong.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:41 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Skibum
Anxiously awaiting real results.
I find it very interesting that there are those (like me) that have always said that the Porsche intake is all you need and is "good as it gets" yet now here are 2 independent reports to the contrary.
Please prove me wrong.
Not sure what conflicting reorts you are referring to, but SBPorsche started his own thread about his own actual testing. Which was quite extensive. Check it out!
Old 04-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Skibum
Banned

I totally missed the thread.
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Looking for some simple engine mods