Sponsored by:

Michelin PS2's not available - about to order Pilot Super Sports

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 03:56 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by stumil
Thanks anyway. Ordered from TireRack yesterday. Good base price, no shipping charge, no tax, plus got $70 rebate coming from Michelin for buying all 4. Tires arrived at my installer this morning. So far I couldn't be happier.
Glad you lime them! Keep me in mind next time!
Old 03-21-2012, 04:01 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
Why doesn't Tire Rack ever "step up to the plate" and offer Rennlisters a discount?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Why doesn't Tire Rack ever "step up to the plate" and offer Rennlisters a discount?
Unfortunately we are a "straight price" shop and don't offer discounts to our web forum members. We sponsor dozens of forums (close to 100), so giving a discount to everyone gets to be too many people. We prefer to price everything as low as we can and leave it that way. That way everyone is always on the same page. We promise in-stock inventory the best we can, same day shipping, and delivery within 2 business days almost everywhere. Many places advertise lower prices but don't actually have what you need in stock. Or, by the time they are done with "handling' charges they are not the best price.

Sorry, I would if I could. I think you'll find our prices step up to the plate pretty well on their own.

Please give me a call if interested.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:44 PM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes Damon but wouldn't that be cheating on Ethan?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:55 PM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Are you sure? That's new to me. They always charge for shipping unless you do a local install, but then are charged for taxes. Please tell more.
You're correct. I forgot about the shipping charges. $65.61 overnight from Delaware to Central NJ.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DMoore
.......I think a claim of 50% greater mileage is pretty - or wildly - optimistic, but the PSS's do seem to last longer than the PS2's did. They handle better as well. I can't quantify the improvements, but since the PSS's are (for now, anyway) cheaper than the PS2's, for me they're a no-brainer.

I asked Michelin the same thing when they were here making their presentation to us on the tire. Are you guys nuts? They basically acknowledged that they knew that they will eat a few tires, but the goodwill far surpasses the mileage warranty.

Well played.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:12 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Unfortunately we are a "straight price" shop and don't offer discounts to our web forum members. We sponsor dozens of forums (close to 100), so giving a discount to everyone gets to be too many people. We prefer to price everything as low as we can and leave it that way. That way everyone is always on the same page. We promise in-stock inventory the best we can, same day shipping, and delivery within 2 business days almost everywhere. Many places advertise lower prices but don't actually have what you need in stock. Or, by the time they are done with "handling' charges they are not the best price.

Sorry, I would if I could. I think you'll find our prices step up to the plate pretty well on their own.

Totally great and fair business strategy!

What if we did a groupbuy? at like a certain size (ie 235/305)?
Old 03-21-2012, 06:50 PM
stumil
Rennlist Member

This is about the 4th time in ten years that I've done business with TireRack. For me at least, every transaction has been perfect. I really like giving this company my business!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:49 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

This is about the 4th time in ten years that I've done business with TireRack. For me at least, every transaction has been perfect. I really like giving this company my business!

Stu,

Can you tell me where you plan to have your tires installed? I agree that TireRack has excellent service. And the sales tax savings are good too. The only negatives I have heard (rare as it might be and not relevant to your tires) is that sometimes the stamped date of production is a bit too "vintage". But they do replace them if you bring it to their attention.

Are you planning to participate in any of the Spring Runs. Either April 7th or May 19th? Or are you going to be on your mountain bike?

Mark
Old 03-22-2012, 10:11 AM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Stu,

Can you tell me where you plan to have your tires installed? I agree that TireRack has excellent service. And the sales tax savings are good too. The only negatives I have heard (rare as it might be and not relevant to your tires) is that sometimes the stamped date of production is a bit too "vintage". But they do replace them if you bring it to their attention.

Are you planning to participate in any of the Spring Runs. Either April 7th or May 19th? Or are you going to be on your mountain bike?

Mark
Hi Mark. I'm having the tires installed tomorrow at Rolf's in Summit. I'll check the production date and report back to you if I can figure out where to look.

Don't know anything about the Spring Runs (tell me more), but I'm signed up for the Lime Rock DE event April 10 through 12 assuming they'll let my Cab on the track. Which region are you - I'm NNJR. Mountain bike, not me.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:20 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Hi Mark. I'm having the tires installed tomorrow at Rolf's in Summit. I'll check the production date and report back to you if I can figure out where to look.

Don't know anything about the Spring Runs (tell me more), but I'm signed up for the Lime Rock DE event April 10 through 12 assuming they'll let my Cab on the track. Which region are you - I'm NNJR. Mountain bike, not me.
I am also part of the NNJR. That is what my membership card says.

The Spring runs are organized by Rennlist folks.

April 7 run -- https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...april-7-a.html

May 19th -- https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ml#post9382882

I am a relative newbie to these runs but there is no better way to spend a Saturday with a great group of people.

Mark
Old 03-22-2012, 12:39 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

Only get ps2 n rated. They are diff tread wear, softer...
Old 03-23-2012, 09:36 PM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Stu,

Mark
Had the PSS's installed today. Tire production dates are 3/9/11 - 4/2/11 for the fronts and 2/3/11 - 4/2/11 for the rears.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 PM
deijmaster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1
Old 03-25-2012, 07:56 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Any updates as to when the N rated are going to get here?.....thanks

Quick Reply: Michelin PS2's not available - about to order Pilot Super Sports