Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White '09 Cab sold at Porsche of the Main Line - anyone here?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts
Default White '09 Cab sold at Porsche of the Main Line - anyone here?

I'm helping a good friend ID a good used vehicle. They have been searching and found a few examples they sent me. After I review the options and such, I simply comment on my thoughts and see if they make sense. They have not owned a Porsche in the past, but have other highline sports cars.

Narrowed it down to a 997 Cab (S preferred). They sent me a listing recently for an '09 Cab (White/Stone) that appears to be in fine condition, and is within a few hours of them, at a Porsche dealership.

This vehicle was originally sold at Porsche of the Main Line (Oct '09), owned for four months, sold again (April '10), owned for 13 months, then sold at auction. This raises flags for me, but I would not rule the vehicle out until I have more history.

CarFax shows some repairs/replacement/warranty items, including window repair, horn replaced, spoiler repair, but nothing that was alarming. I recommended an independent PPI and a few hours of careful inspection/driving before considering, as well as a CPO, but would love to know if anyone here on RL owned this car and cares to tell the story, if there is one.

Anyone know this car? I have the VIN and can verify anytime. If you prefer to discuss via email: eric@bumperplugs.com

Thanks.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Quick Reply: White '09 Cab sold at Porsche of the Main Line - anyone here?