Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Drinks and hors d'oeuvres at dealer - when is the one at Carlsen Redwood City?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:41 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

My favorites are....

pullet surprise.....
statue of limitations.....
I prefer to air on the side of caution.....
I had a piffany about this......
ignorance is blitz.

These are classic!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 PM
MICHAELWWW
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by allegretto
hey, for what they expect you to spend it should be an evening with hookers and blow...
I keep seeing this concept of "hookers and blow"as a recurring phrase laced throughout other posts and I am perplexed. Why is it not blow and hookers?
Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 PM
embacpa
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, got invite too. except i also got an offer for free detail if i bring my 3.2. seems they are trying to show the history.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:02 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MICHAELWWW
I keep seeing this concept of "hookers and blow"as a recurring phrase laced throughout other posts and I am perplexed. Why is it not blow and hookers?
to-ma-to or to-mat-to

whichever you like. but I understand, first the blow, then the hookers... makes sense....
Old 01-21-2012, 11:47 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

as much as I look forward to seeing the 991, there's other people I'd rather drink with

or maybe I'm just jealous - no invite!
Old 01-22-2012, 02:51 AM
MICHAELWWW
Banned

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
as much as I look forward to seeing the 991, there's other people I'd rather drink with

or maybe I'm just jealous - no invite!
I'll do "blow and hookers" with you! But I'm new.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:58 PM
notdrooler
AutoX

Originally Posted by Nugget
What do you expect? This is just an online message board. Nobody here is going to win the pullet surprise for their posts. Mistakes like spelling "you're" as "your" are pardon parcel with people who learn the language through talking and not through reading.

I could of made that same mistake if I hadn't learned these words by reading them. Sadly, people who don't read just can't cut the muster. Alot of people would just assume watch a movie instead of read a book and it shows in there writing. For all intensive purposes they are exposed to new words strickly by hearing them and they never learn the proper spelling -- It is simple cause and affect. If this subject peeks your interest there are lots of web sight's that can help you learn more.

I've come to turns with it, but the sad thing is that these loosers look like idiots. It's a doggy dog world and they're selling themselves short. One mispeled post to the internet and -- walla -- the whole world knows they don't read books. And there's no statue of limitations for Internet posts -- it will be in Google forever. What could be more important then that? I don't mean that there dumb persay, just that there supposably illiterate. That's not an ad homonym attack, it's just the truth. You might think that this is all just a mute point but I prefer to air on the side of caution. Common, if you don't think spelling matters you're diluting yourself. Don't be rediculous. Learning how to spell will go along way towards making your point. If you want to type a word and you don't know it's proper spelling just look it up on google. I could care less how busy you are, take the time to get it right!

I had a piffany about this: learning to spell words is a right of passage that is to important to skip. Take my advise: if you don't read you'll never be a bonified grammer **** like me.

What can I say? People who can't spell "you're" just demonstrate that ignorance is blitz.
Best. Post. Ever!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:09 AM
notdrooler
AutoX

BTW, I bought my 991 from Carlsen as well, yet no invite.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:44 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MICHAELWWW
I'll do "blow and hookers" with you! But I'm new.
I grew up in Dayton - for the win!!!!

I suspect we both would have an idea to score both
Old 02-04-2012, 01:45 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by notdrooler
BTW, I bought my 991 from Carlsen as well, yet no invite.
Check with Mooty on the GT3 board!!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
What do you expect? This is just an online message board. Nobody here is going to win the pullet surprise for their posts. Mistakes like spelling "you're" as "your" are pardon parcel with people who learn the language through talking and not through reading.

I could of made that same mistake if I hadn't learned these words by reading them. Sadly, people who don't read just can't cut the muster. Alot of people would just assume watch a movie instead of read a book and it shows in there writing. For all intensive purposes they are exposed to new words strickly by hearing them and they never learn the proper spelling -- It is simple cause and affect. If this subject peeks your interest there are lots of web sight's that can help you learn more.

I've come to turns with it, but the sad thing is that these loosers look like idiots. It's a doggy dog world and they're selling themselves short. One mispeled post to the internet and -- walla -- the whole world knows they don't read books. And there's no statue of limitations for Internet posts -- it will be in Google forever. What could be more important then that? I don't mean that there dumb persay, just that there supposably illiterate. That's not an ad homonym attack, it's just the truth. You might think that this is all just a mute point but I prefer to air on the side of caution. Common, if you don't think spelling matters you're diluting yourself. Don't be rediculous. Learning how to spell will go along way towards making your point. If you want to type a word and you don't know it's proper spelling just look it up on google. I could care less how busy you are, take the time to get it right!

I had a piffany about this: learning to spell words is a right of passage that is to important to skip. Take my advise: if you don't read you'll never be a bonified grammer **** like me.

What can I say? People who can't spell "you're" just demonstrate that ignorance is blitz.
A pullet surprise winner!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:54 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
A pullet surprise winner!
.... made possible by the fact that he had a piffany! Without that, it would have been just another post on Rennlist!
Old 02-04-2012, 04:22 PM
MICHAELWWW
Banned

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
I grew up in Dayton - for the win!!!!

I suspect we both would have an idea to score both
"Good stuff, good stuff! "
Coach Borg .

Quick Reply: 991 Drinks and hors d'oeuvres at dealer - when is the one at Carlsen Redwood City?