Sponsored by:

Paint chip repair in the Boston area

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 03:35 PM
kev_song
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint chip repair in the Boston area

Anyone know of good chip repair place? I got small deep scratch on my passenger door that I want to have repaired and can't do it myself. I definitely don't want my door repainted. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

No but as a side note it would be good to have some specific categories here where member's can post various shops they have had good experiences with but have information arranged by state.

Just my $.02 in case moderator is listening...
Old 11-27-2011, 01:22 PM
plambert
Instructor

Try calling Mike Noonan at Mike's auto body in Malden. I have heard great things about his work from many p-car guys. Plus he's one himself!

http://www.mikesautobodyofmalden.com/
Old 11-27-2011, 02:19 PM
smokestack20
Instructor

Kev,

Could also try contacting Rick Nelson of Unique Car Care out of Wakefield, MA. He's a top rated detailer via Autoweek. He'd likely be able to point you in the right direction.

UZJ100 (Joe) refered me to these guys, so he gets the credit if there helpful.

Of course he gets the blame if they're not
Old 12-01-2011, 10:51 AM
BoomC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not sure how bad your scratch is, but I had good luck with Dr. Color Chip (http://www.drcolorchip.com/). My scratch was down to the black bumber cover color and about 1.5 - 2 inches long. Not sure how successful I will be with attaching a picture of the repaired area.
Attached Images   
Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I've had excellent body and paint work done by Body and Paint Center in Hudson, MA (http://bodyandpaintcenter.com/). The place sure doesn't look impressive from the outside but they do superb work inside. They were recommended to me by a Porsche shop, who sends their auto body work there. They did a superb job in matching a metallic color on a previous Porsche of mine, and you absolutely could not tell it had been repainted.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Paint chip/scratch repair is fairly easy unless you want it 100% perfect. If you can accept some slight variation in certain lights send me a PM and I can explain the process.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:28 AM
George Vonky
1st Gear

Hello,

Without paint I guess it's not possible to remove scratch from the door. There are several name i have known for months. You should go for Boston Scratch removal which is based in West Roxbury.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:42 PM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for Dr. Colorchip. I have used it on my arctic silver paint with good results. Depending upon the length and depth of the scratch this may be a place to start. Try that first and if it does not suit your needs what is $40 in the grand scheme of things. Besides you'll have it for future stone chips on the hood and bumper.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:09 AM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dr chip really work???
Old 01-19-2014, 12:40 PM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

robbonds...I can honestly say that I was a skeptic on the use of Dr Color Chip. I watched the sales videos online many, many times and it all looked too simple for me to believe. I have 2009 arctic silver paint and although it is not my DD I do put about 400 miles on her each month. Since I do not have a clear bra I have picked up a few small stone chips which I have repaired using this product. Here is what I have observed. If the stone chips are small, say the size of a ball point pen tip, then the product is a no brainer, works great every time and you cannot even tell it was touched up. I have also used the product on a few scratches inside my door sills where the prior owner wasn't careful with shoes getting in and out of the car. On longer and deeper scratches the product works, however, it takes a few coats and it is not flawless. For your every day stone chips on the bumper and hood I would recommend it.

Quick Reply: Paint chip repair in the Boston area