Sponsored by:

mObridge install, feedback and questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts
Default mObridge install, feedback and questions

I just got a mObridge installed this weekend, it is FANTASTIC!

It works seemlessly and the Bluetooth sounds absolutely fantastic with little to no echo, and great audio coming through speakers... they installed the microphone to the left of rear-view mirror and looks like the best spot.

iPod integration also works fine, as reported it basically works like a CD changer, and each CD acts as different method of searching for music, i.e. Playlist, Artist, Album, Genre, etc... and I was very amazed as to how great it sounds (I already got Porsche OEM iPod connection via FM/Aux and mObridge sounds 10X better)!

Now, I got the following questions/issues, and love to know how others managed to fix it via setup or other method.
  1. I CANNOT goto next/prev song in Playlist mode? When I click the "arrow" buttons it toggles to NEXT Playlist, instead of the next song! To get to next song, I gotto go through "Track list" and choose one. This is quite annoying, and I am sure there's a setting to fix it.
  2. My BB has over 400 phone entries... and it looks like mObridge only transfered 100 or so (got only to "G" on addressbook). Anyone managed to find a resolution for that?
  3. SMS. Anyone got the SMS working on their phone? If so, which phone supports it?

If I can fix the first 2 issues above, then I'd call mObridge absolutely PERFECT! It is the easiest one to install (one module for both iPod/Bluetooth), and has by far the best microphone and setup (by Parrot), and is highly recommended!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:44 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

yep, navigation in the mobridge (and actually any other comparable unit) sucks.
i use mode where i select an Artist, it is easier. I spent some time and renamed all songs so they start with album name - this way it is fast to skip to what i want.

i do nto remember what is the limit for phonebook - but it is PCM limitation again. you also should be careful not to have any 'junk' entries in the phonebook - make sure names do not have special characters and home/cell phone numbers do not have 'wrong' values like strings, memos, etc.

SMS never tried. do not know. I also did not try to stream music over bluetooth but imho it may work.

my only grudge againnst mobridge is that sometimes it 'locks' itself showing only CD6 and all other positions grey out. I think it goes into AUX mode somehow, and i do not know how to take it out from that mode - i usually disconnect power from it, disconnect ipod and after some time it resets back.

yep, also, what is important - always trip that switch to make mobridge dissapear when you give your car to a dealer as mobridge makes piwis system unable to test PCM and it gets 'stuck' at that step, mechanics do not like it much.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Cartronics
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SMS is only supported by about 14 phones on the market (phones nobody eve sees, or heard of either)

The key navigation button is press and hold SEEK+ (FF). You can also set up AutoSelect in Disk menu 6 so you don't to elect anything once you land on it for x time delay it will select it for you. Makes navigation much nicer.

The PCM is limited to 150 phone numbers (no way to add memory to the PCM)

utkinpol, you mObridge should NEVER do that. Something is wrong with the setup or programming. Wlcome to call us and we can help.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:13 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cartronics
SMS is only supported by about 14 phones on the market (phones nobody eve sees, or heard of either)
Thanks, so neither BB or iPhone works for SMS, right?

The key navigation button is press and hold SEEK+ (FF). You can also set up AutoSelect in Disk menu 6 so you don't to elect anything once you land on it for x time delay it will select it for you. Makes navigation much nicer.
Now, I am confused on your explanation there. Like I am in Playlist 1, and wanna go to next song in the playlist, how can I use ">>" to do that? Right now it would toggle to "Playlist 2" instead.

The PCM is limited to 150 phone numbers (no way to add memory to the PCM)
That sucks! I got like close to 500 contacts! So, all products would have the same limitation?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Cartronics.com
AutoX

BB & iPhone do not support SMS over bluetooth

Sounds like whoever sold it to you did not program it correctly (typical with mObridge sellers). We are actually programmers and testers for mObridge and see this way too much. You would need to call support for a question answer session (not appropriate here as it would take too many posts to get to the bottom of it).

It is a Porsche limitation....nothing anyone (or any other product) can do about it. HOWEVER, the iPhone allows you to send categories of contacts, and you can send a "CAR" category (or whatever name you choose)
Old 10-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Jsonorous
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the mObridge bluetooth/iPod and Sat/XM modules, love them. They still have some quirks, but it really makes the PCM 2.1 more up to modern standards.

I think you can scroll songs titles when in playlist most with the right ****. In playlist mode with songs showing (under titles) scroll until you find the song and press the right **** in.

Cartronics -- I'd love to learn how to send a "car" folder to my PCM from my iPhone4, I've searched all over the internet and haven't been able to figure it out. My fix has been to add a few favorites that come up first in the address book (10 or so most called) by putting and "a" in front of their name so they come up first alphabetically. It's ugly but it works.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Cartronics
Banned

Go to General Setting, Bluetooth, then click on the little blue arrow to the right of the word mOBridge. Then you will see!!!!

If you are a Mac user (like me) and use Address Book, it already makes it really easy to set up "Groups" on the iPhone. If you are a PC user, you have to do it a little more manually, but still easy.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:19 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Go to General Setting, Bluetooth, then click on the little blue arrow to the right of the word mOBridge. Then you will see!!!!

If you are a Mac user (like me) and use Address Book, it already makes it really easy to set up "Groups" on the iPhone. If you are a PC user, you have to do it a little more manually, but still easy.
Ha? Is that how to send like 150 numbers to the PCM? How do I do that from my BB then?
Old 10-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Cartronics
Banned

Originally Posted by alexb76
Ha? Is that how to send like 150 numbers to the PCM? How do I do that from my BB then?

Yes, on the iPhone you can choose to send your Recents, Favorites, and any Group you choose. Make a group of the 150 most important (drag and drop on the Mac) and just select that Group on the iPhone...

About the BB question...Easy - trade the BB for an iPhone...you know that ship is sinking fast, right? - Just kidding with you.... sort of

I have not used a Blackberry since my Pearl 8500, but I do know that there a couple of older Blackberry devices/OS that will do it, but could not tell you how. Hopefully another heavy BB user that has done it can join in.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Yes, on the iPhone you can choose to send your Recents, Favorites, and any Group you choose. Make a group of the 150 most important (drag and drop on the Mac) and just select that Group on the iPhone...

About the BB question...Easy - trade the BB for an iPhone...you know that ship is sinking fast, right? - Just kidding with you.... sort of

I have not used a Blackberry since my Pearl 8500, but I do know that there a couple of older Blackberry devices/OS that will do it, but could not tell you how. Hopefully another heavy BB user that has done it can join in.
lol... I use my BB for work and I send dozens and dozens of emails everyday. I can't type on the crappy iPhone and its stupid auto-correct to save my life! I use an iPod touch for the fun stuff and that's all one needs... iPhone is a toy more than anything

Well, with my BB sync, it just downloaded the whole thing until it stopped at "G", so I need to figure out how to do that differently and only have PCM download 150 entries (I got like 500)!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Jsonorous
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CARTRONICS THANKS! I can't tell you how useful that is. Setting up the groups and getting it sync'd was easy with your instructions.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:34 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

to use BB is not a matter of a personal choice, it is a corporate phone.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:36 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alexb76
lol... I use my BB for work and I send dozens and dozens of emails everyday. I can't type on the crappy iPhone and its stupid auto-correct to save my life! I use an iPod touch for the fun stuff and that's all one needs... iPhone is a toy more than anything

Well, with my BB sync, it just downloaded the whole thing until it stopped at "G", so I need to figure out how to do that differently and only have PCM download 150 entries (I got like 500)!
it loads it sorted alphabetically - so add '1' or other number in front of a field phone uses for sorting
Old 05-10-2013, 04:48 AM
michelin
Track Day

Hi Guys
Resurrection of an old thread I know!
I have the iPod and BT unit in my 911.
Does naybody know when the last update was donr and also how easy it is to create a 'Group' on the iPhone?
Creating this group do you have to select it each time you are in the car?
Cheers

Quick Reply: mObridge install, feedback and questions