Sponsored by:

Rear Damage

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:58 AM
camhabib
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Damage

Stopped in traffic yesterday on a city road, a lady in a Chevy Tahoe decided to move up in traffic into the back of my 997.2 C4S. Going about 5mph max, not a terribly hard hit. Contact just right of the license plate, damaging the bumper and taillight (see picture). The problem is that I can't seem to get the engine lid open. The mechanism activates (hear the sound), but the lid just won't open.

While I'll be bringing the car to the shop for repair later this week, I just wanted to get an idea of how badly the rear might be damaged. Is it likely there is some degree of frame damage or is more likely the lid was just jarred a bit, locking it into place? Thoughts? Thanks.
Attached Images  
Old 10-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Ouch!
Sorry to see that.

I am no body expert but it seems that ( hopefully) the damage may be limited to the bumper cover and tail lamp assembly with perhaps the mounting bracket for the release mechanism being bent. I dowebt there is serious engine or structural damage. Let the experts decide.

I wish you good lucik with the outcome.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got hit in the rear 2 years ago much worse than that #(20mph)and the engine and chassis were fine. Doubt you'll need more than a new bumper moulding and a respray. Get an expert view though.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:28 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

probibly nothing inside

Quick Reply: Rear Damage