Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997 today?

Old 09-06-2018, 08:01 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,135 Likes on 3,908 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Nice. I need to get those mats to complete the red/black thing I've got going on inside. Red gauges, red belts and red stitching/strip on the steering wheel. Question: I bought a set of Lloyds mats 5-6 years ago and they used a weird and frankly useless fastening system consisting of some wimpy clips that attached to the bottom of the seats somehow. Can't remember the exact design and install but whatever it was, it didn't work. The mats kept coming lose just about every time I got in and out of the car. Lived with it for a while but trashed them fairly soon thereafter and just bought a new OEM set. Are they still using these plastic clips to hold them in place?
Sandwedge, check out Autopreme mats (www.autopreme.com). They offer an option with red stitching and they are fantastic mats. I put them into my widebody Cayenne project. Not only do they look super high-end, they feel great, even on bare feet, protect the whole original carpet and you can just brush the dirt out of the car since they cover the whole floor and go up the sides so dirt doesn't collect at the edge. I'll never buy another type of floor mat again. Here are pics of my Cayenne ones, which is white on the exterior.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:31 AM
Pseftis
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ECU tune done at Eurocharged in Toronto 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
Old 09-06-2018, 10:18 AM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
Sandwedge, check out Autopreme mats (www.autopreme.com). They offer an option with red stitching and they are fantastic mats. I put them into my widebody Cayenne project. Not only do they look super high-end, they feel great, even on bare feet, protect the whole original carpet and you can just brush the dirt out of the car since they cover the whole floor and go up the sides so dirt doesn't collect at the edge. I'll never buy another type of floor mat again. Here are pics of my Cayenne ones, which is white on the exterior.
Thanks for the pointer Pete. Cool floor mats (every time I get in/out of my 2012 Cayenne Turbo, my foot clips that outer plastic rail. PIA. So I like how these Autopreme mats cover up the sides too. I have Weathertech in there now, but also hate how they cover up my illuminated door sills)

Question: On the Autopreme website, the pictures and descriptions do NOT do a good job of differentiating between their "Essential", "Premium", and "Platinum" variants. Have you done those comparisons? and which do you have in your cars? I need a set in my 997.2.

Oh & Btw Sandwedge, I have Lloyd mats in my 964 Turbo (probably about 10yrs old now), and yes they have the straps with plastic clips that connect between the straps you put underneath your seat around the framing, and then clip to the mat side. I switch back & forth to my original floor mats for Concours about 3 - 4 times a year, and it's easy to do. And they do not move when I'm driving. I've enjoyed them, but maybe that is because they just seem to work fine in my 964.

Thanks,
=Steve
Old 09-06-2018, 10:33 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bweSteve
Thanks for the pointer Pete. Cool floor mats (every time I get in/out of my 2012 Cayenne Turbo, my foot clips that outer plastic rail. PIA. So I like how these Autopreme mats cover up the sides too. I have Weathertech in there now, but also hate how they cover up my illuminated door sills)

Question: On the Autopreme website, the pictures and descriptions do NOT do a good job of differentiating between their "Essential", "Premium", and "Platinum" variants. Have you done those comparisons? and which do you have in your cars? I need a set in my 997.2.

Oh & Btw Sandwedge, I have Lloyd mats in my 964 Turbo (probably about 10yrs old now), and yes they have the straps with plastic clips that connect between the straps you put underneath your seat around the framing, and then clip to the mat side. I switch back & forth to my original floor mats for Concours about 3 - 4 times a year, and it's easy to do. And they do not move when I'm driving. I've enjoyed them, but maybe that is because they just seem to work fine in my 964.

Thanks,
=Steve

I have the standard or Essential versions. I purchased my set as part of a Kickstarter campaign when they were being developed and at that time they only offered the Essential & Premium versions. I believe the Premium version had that removable fuzzy or carpet section that I didn't particularly like the look of. The Platinum mats I believe have an embossed pattern on the material that looks like carbon fiber. If I were to put a set in my 997, I'd go the platinum route for the pattern that goes with the rest of the interior carbon fiber accents I have in that car. In both my 997 and my 928 I have leather Inpelle floor mats, which were the best I could find prior to these Autopreme ones. The Inpelle ones in my 997 have a carbon fiber look heel pad but don't have the deviated stitching and the diamond pattern is smaller.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Pseftis
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here the stock vs tune graph

Originally Posted by Pseftis
ECU tune done at Eurocharged in Toronto 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
Old 09-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Slow_997
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 40 Posts

Got some new tires and wheels, corner balance ,alignment, camber adjustment and height adjustment 😬😬
Old 09-07-2018, 10:15 PM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 137 Posts

Avery Carmine Red vinyl wrap
Old 09-08-2018, 01:07 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914

That looks really good Pete. In a whole different league than Lloyds with their worthless fasteners. Thanks for the link. Will order over the weekend.

Update. I guess I won't order over the weekend or later. Looks like they went out of business. See the purple header at the top of the page:: https://autopreme.com/product/platinum-package/
Old 09-08-2018, 07:11 PM
ColoradoMark
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My son and I installed a DAS Sport roll bar and GT3 seats. Working on getting a trailer hitch and some RS motor mounts in next.

DAS Sport bar painter meteor grey

GT3 Euro seats Brey Krause submount

Old 09-09-2018, 08:10 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

After putting a couple hundred miles this weekend for my bday, I cleaned her all up today and parked her knowing it's going to be a while before I drive her again. Feels like I'm storing the car for the winter, but it's not time. Plan on driving for another month or more before winter storage blues sets in.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:16 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoradoMark
My son and I installed a DAS Sport roll bar and GT3 seats. Working on getting a trailer hitch and some RS motor mounts in next.

Well done! Looks great!
Old 09-09-2018, 11:11 PM
Ohio Performance
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 187 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoradoMark

saw you over on QW! Looks very nice!
2007 C4S F77 Aerokit / 2004 E46 M3 / 2018 M3 comp

Old 09-09-2018, 11:27 PM
latonnelier
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

I got my RS mounts in today, along with a new expansion tank and diagnosed the PSE system (bad solenoid-not holding pressure) and found a dangdiddlydoodle nail in my right rear tire. Trip to Discount tomorrow.

New Shiny Tank and RS mounts

Bad bad solenoid
Old 09-10-2018, 08:54 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by latonnelier
...found a dangdiddlydoodle nail...
Ned Flanders. Is that you?!?
T
Old 09-10-2018, 09:37 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sandwedge
That looks really good Pete. In a whole different league than Lloyds with their worthless fasteners. Thanks for the link. Will order over the weekend.

Update. I guess I won't order over the weekend or later. Looks like they went out of business. See the purple header at the top of the page:: https://autopreme.com/product/platinum-package/
Well that completely sucks. You find something awesome like this and then boom, out of business. Next best ones I've found are the Inpelle leather mats I have in my 997 and 928

I think they have a deviated stitching option too where you could get red. Depending in when they're doing the production runs though, it can take a few weeks to receive them. If interested I can give you contact info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997 today?