Why I love my dealer....

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 01:59 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Au contraire. The folks at Hennessy are well aware of how cultivating happy owners (especially those of us who are active online and therefore influence a lot more people than our local sphere of friends) creates both new and return business. As someone mentioned, there are multiple places to get a Porsche in Atlanta; those of us who are happy direct a not insignificant number of new buyers to their store.

And as I've said before, sale has hours, days, weeks, or maybe months to get business; service then has years to keep it or lose it.
i wish hennesy has a branch in Nor Cal.
we have good dealers here ... see my signature.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 PM
tbrom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
My dealer (Porsche of Norwell) is very small but the guys/gals working there are extremely friendly and very helpful. When I had my car serviced there earlier this year they hooked me up with a bunch of goodies and had me in and out of there quickly. The service writer also introduced me to both of their Porsche tech's which walked me through the oil change procedure and what to inspect on the car. There are definitely some good dealers out there, you just need to find them and keep giving them your business to show support.
Great looking Spyder - is it a manual or PDK? I love those cars - how do you like it - need I ask?
Old 12-26-2011, 09:37 AM
vitaman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe he meant two. I certainly don't know of a third.
Do Dealerships give preferential treatment when servicing where you bought, or do they try to woo you to buy your next one with them with their care?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:11 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A while back I posted about a deal that broke well for me both in and out because the dealer "owed me" a good deal... on both ends

While I am sure there are a couple of folks here that have owned more Porsches than I have in the past 25 yrs, there are likely not many. There are at least a half dozen or so P-car dealers in town. I have only ever done business with two.

I read all these stories and cringe a bit. Sure that it happens somewhat "that way", but there are two sides to most coins. From day one have treated both dealerships with respect and dignity, even the kids who wipe the cars on the showroom floor. On first name basis with salesmen, SM's and GM's at both stores. Same is true for the two MB-stores and BMW stores dealt with.

NEVER has any of them tried to screw me. NEVER have they not returned the respect. True, sometimes car deals can get complicated in some situations, often when a trade is on the table. But if you insist on fully discussing the deal, and have all service and aftermarket issues in the open, I'm not even sure how one would get screwed in the first place.

In any case, don't overpay, do shop around. But most of all, understand completely the deal. And while you're at it, be polite and respectful. It pays dividends. All the dealers know you're a potential buyer, and they all know they'd better give you the Bro price if they want your biz after an encounter or two.

It just strains credibility that so many dealers are bad. No doubt some... but these folks are not the enemy, they're trying to make a living too. One can protect their interests without becoming confrontational most of the time. And, if someone is out of line, remember that your money spends everywhere.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

My dealer acts like the only one in town.

wait....doh!
Old 12-26-2011, 07:43 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto:9132067
A while back I posted about a deal that broke well for me both in and out because the dealer "owed me" a good deal... on both ends

While I am sure there are a couple of folks here that have owned more Porsches than I have in the past 25 yrs, there are likely not many. There are at least a half dozen or so P-car dealers in town. I have only ever done business with two.

I read all these stories and cringe a bit. Sure that it happens somewhat "that way", but there are two sides to most coins. From day one have treated both dealerships with respect and dignity, even the kids who wipe the cars on the showroom floor. On first name basis with salesmen, SM's and GM's at both stores. Same is true for the two MB-stores and BMW stores dealt with.

NEVER has any of them tried to screw me. NEVER have they not returned the respect. True, sometimes car deals can get complicated in some situations, often when a trade is on the table. But if you insist on fully discussing the deal, and have all service and aftermarket issues in the open, I'm not even sure how one would get screwed in the first place.

In any case, don't overpay, do shop around. But most of all, understand completely the deal. And while you're at it, be polite and respectful. It pays dividends. All the dealers know you're a potential buyer, and they all know they'd better give you the Bro price if they want your biz after an encounter or two.

It just strains credibility that so many dealers are bad. No doubt some... but these folks are not the enemy, they're trying to make a living too. One can protect their interests without becoming confrontational most of the time. And, if someone is out of line, remember that your money spends everywhere.
Very well said..

Quick Reply: Why I love my dealer....