Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 C2S Price Check

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 07:25 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That car has great options. You can buy a Garmin, make a nice mount for the air vent location or on the wart, and get far better results and usability vs the Porsche navi system. The aero kit alone on that car was like a $7k option....right guys?
Old 07-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah oem navs unfortunately ate not the best bit it's not even something I care that much for cause in the 4 years I have had my car now I have never even used my NAV more than one time. I just use the iPhone. So it's not a deal breaker for me. I'm not looking to flip it in a year. I'm thinking about keeping this car for a while like I do most my cars. Like my current e39 m5 is probably staying with me for a long time too.

The aerokit from what I see adds about 3K to the value of the car via kbb, Edmonds, etc.

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
That car has great options. You can buy a Garmin, make a nice mount for the air vent location or on the wart, and get far better results and usability vs the Porsche navi system. The aero kit alone on that car was like a $7k option....right guys?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:07 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Stack24
How could I offer this person 59K when it's clearly worth more in today's market? I saw that thread actually but the options are a lot less then what this one has and personally I am looking for a White one.
worth more? how much more, and according to who?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
worth more? how much more, and according to who?
According to KBB, edmunds, dealer ***** ga, and my good friend who is a dealer and buys cars.

Those were what I was using as baselines.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Stack24
According to KBB, edmunds, dealer ***** ga, and my good friend who is a dealer and buys cars.

Those were what I was using as baselines.
I think what KBB et al tell you is a little generous

i paid $66 for my 2008 C2S ($67.5K but incl enclosed transport from Chicago to SF), w/2950 miles and different options ($108K sticker)....people think I overpaid, and mine is CPO'd thru 2014
Old 07-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

I think what KBB et al tell you is a little generous

i paid $66 for my 2008 C2S ($67.5K but incl enclosed transport from Chicago to SF), w/2950 miles and different options ($108K sticker)....people think I overpaid, and mine is CPO'd thru 2014
Very nice deal indeed.

I'm still looking but feel comfortable with everything and seller and how car has been taken care of so I guess sometimes paying bit more for all the options and everything you want works out. We shall see either way.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:56 PM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF THESE ARE SUCH GREAT GD CARS THEN WHY ARE THEY ALL TREATED AS A "BASKET CASE" EVERY TIME ONE COMES UP FOR SALE????? What am I missing here?
PPI DME Hold back 10%

Can't these cars stand up to some hard driving??? Are they that fragile??? What's the point??

The car sounds like a good buy to me.... Do a little checking up on the car and buy it...
Old 07-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jakes dad
IF THESE ARE SUCH GREAT GD CARS THEN WHY ARE THEY ALL TREATED AS A "BASKET CASE" EVERY TIME ONE COMES UP FOR SALE????? What am I missing here?
PPI DME Hold back 10%

Can't these cars stand up to some hard driving??? Are they that fragile??? What's the point??

The car sounds like a good buy to me.... Do a little checking up on the car and buy it...
I was pretty much thinking same things. I was doing the PPI at the dealership there as well as them pulling the DME and just put something aside.

I have checked out this car a million different ways and have talked to the seller for almost 2 weeks straight about everything on this car and just cars in general. He definitely knows a lot, etc and is pretty OCD with this one from all the pictures I have seen of it. Hence the reason I put a little bit of a premium on the car compared to others where I don't know anything about.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:24 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are great cars to drive, but to get a premium price, as I think this one is asking (just my opinion, mind you), they need to match the OCD Porsche community's needs: documentation since new, right colors, right options, etc. This car is pretty good, still a premium, but also unique enough that for the right buyer that could be fine. Stack24 may be that buyer - it appears to meet his needs. But he is paying a premium and may lose that on resale, or have to wait for just that right buyer himself.

Based on what Stack24 has posted in this thread, I would advise him to go ahead, because I too would pay a premium to get exactly what I want, no matter what the rest of us say (and see my posts above for some of that!).
Old 07-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Stack24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by p-cardriver
They are great cars to drive, but to get a premium price, as I think this one is asking (just my opinion, mind you), they need to match the OCD Porsche community's needs: documentation since new, right colors, right options, etc. This car is pretty good, still a premium, but also unique enough that for the right buyer that could be fine. Stack24 may be that buyer - it appears to meet his needs. But he is paying a premium and may lose that on resale, or have to wait for just that right buyer himself.

Based on what Stack24 has posted in this thread, I would advise him to go ahead, because I too would pay a premium to get exactly what I want, no matter what the rest of us say (and see my posts above for some of that!).
Yeah that's one of things that I was taking into consideration with this car. It's the person I am purchasing from, the condition, all the service records, COA, how it's been kept and taken care of etc.

At the end of the day I am looking for something I am going to be keeping for a while not flipping, etc

I have been looking for one that has everything I want options wise and quality wise. At the end of it all, I am using all the help I am getting on the boards etc to figure out everything I want in my first P car and I appreciate everything everyone has been telling me.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:48 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

sounds like you've made your own mind up - congrats, good luck, and enjoy the hell out of it (and you will)!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

sounds like you've made your own mind up - congrats, good luck, and enjoy the hell out of it (and you will)!
Haven't fully pulled the trigger but getting closer I guess.

BTW what is the color of your car? Is it a stock one or a custom color.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:32 PM
SacTownGuy
Racer

If you have been negotiating with him for two weeks and it has not sold yet I guess it tells you it's not a steal. I'd offer $60k and walk if he says no. I would be shocked if he doesn't contact you within 48 hours that he has reconsidered and would do $62,500.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Stack24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
If you have been negotiating with him for two weeks and it has not sold yet I guess it tells you it's not a steal. I'd offer $60k and walk if he says no. I would be shocked if he doesn't contact you within 48 hours that he has reconsidered and would do $62,500.
Haven't technically been negotiating for that long. We went back and forth for a couple days and I told him a price. The rest of the time I have been just talking to him about the car.

Hasn't gotten any offers since he basically is committed to selling it to me. The rest of the time it's been discussing how the financials will work since it's coming off of lease.

i do not consider it a steal by any means but dont' think i'm too far off from market value for the options and actual history of the car.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:49 PM
SacTownGuy
Racer

You misunderstood me, what I am saying is the car has been on the market for at least two weeks and nobody has offered more than $65k. If they had it would be sold, or at a minimum, he would have offered you to match. He's just keeping you on the hook while he continues marketing the car. He knows you may buy or you may not so he is still trying to sell the car. If I called him today and offered $65k he'd take it. I thus think, rather than acting like a kid in the candy shop, offer him $60. I bet you get the car at $62,500. Or maybe you can throw away $2,500. I prefer not to myself. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2007 C2S Price Check