Sponsored by:

Pls confirm how car should work on MAF disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Captsteve123
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Petza914
Could also be a bad O2 sensor on that bank (there are 2 per side). When I was chasing what turned out to be a bad ground to my MAF, the car would fall on its face if trying to give it any real throttle below about 2,500 RPM, but would pull fine at higher rpms at full throttle. There was no difference in this case with the MAF connected or disconnected but that makes sense because with no ground it was essentially disconnected all the time. I'm not sure if a failing MAF would behave differently, but think it probably would.
I have been having the misfire issue more
Frequently. Only when I start the car and let it warm up. If I step on the gas just a little, I can get around the possible misfire. I have a new MAF and that is not the problem. I am going to do coils and plugs soon.
Lastly if I am not in Sport mode, my car will also fall I its face when accelerating. Use Sport mode and no issue at all.
Thank goodness for Dynametric as it has saved me trips to get engine service off.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:28 PM
user 72902
Banned

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Captsteve123
I have been having the misfire issue more
Frequently. Only when I start the car and let it warm up. If I step on the gas just a little, I can get around the possible misfire. I have a new MAF and that is not the problem. I am going to do coils and plugs soon.
Lastly if I am not in Sport mode, my car will also fall I its face when accelerating. Use Sport mode and no issue at all.
Thank goodness for Dynametric as it has saved me trips to get engine service off.
I think this will correct your problem. I let the dealer change my plugs and I requested the coil replacement at the same time. Dealer did not do the coils because they said they were fine and I was not happy since the amount of additional labor was negligible. My car had the similar symptoms as yours of recording a misfire at start up but not setting off the CEL. I could clear the warning once warmed up and the error would not surface again until the next cold start. New coils (done by self) and I've not had the misfire error since. GL
Old 04-12-2015, 07:07 AM
bigozuk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I refuelled the car yesterday and instantly the misfiring disappeared - wonder if it was just a bad batch of fuel causing the issues?

Quick Reply: Pls confirm how car should work on MAF disconnect