Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting cup holder cover

Old 05-19-2011, 04:03 PM
gellie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Adjusting cup holder cover

Is there a way to adjust the cup holder cover? My is not closing as flush as i would like. When i asked the dealer he said this was normal. thx
Old 05-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Mike in CA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Do you have a pic so we can compare and confirm whether it looks abnormal? I don't know of any way to adjust it.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:58 PM
stevepow
User

Normal, and what looks right to me, is all three parts of the cupholder cover trim begin flush with each other from one to the next. If one of the actual holders or the long center trim are not all closing evenly then it's not normal.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:31 PM
larrytrk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Entire unit is only held in by a few screws. Open the glovebox, take out screws and remove the unit to play with it.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:21 AM
gellie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks i'll try to find the screws and see if i can adjust. I'll also send pictures.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

They really don't close up all the way, so you may find that yours is not behaving badly.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:27 AM
kkswow12
User

back to life here... i have just discovered my cupholder has changed positions form closing flush to...NOT closing flush...culprit is the small bit of plastic in the center of the center mechanism has developed a crack and now the whole outer trim doesn't close all the way... there is no adjustment as the cam mechanism that allows the cover to open and close has a fixed throw and the only way to fix this is to try superglue-ing the area of the crack with pressure but i don't see that ever holding for very long as the weight of the cover pieces along with the spring loading is forever loaded and will fail again in time...time for a new cupholder and that's that...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adjusting cup holder cover

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: