Sponsored by:

CPO FTW

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
Default CPO FTW

Took my car in today to get the service light reminder reset after oil change and they noticed that the ignition switch is slightly defective. They told me that and I said it does have an issue starting sometimes even when the clutch is fully depressed. They said something along the lines of, "Yeah, iit seems like it so we replaced it for you!". All under CPO .. great to see a car company stand behind their vehicle w/o any hassles or anything. I didn't even reported it in at the time when I dropped the vehicle off..

Great service at Pfaff

Last edited by Chimcu; 05-17-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:56 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

Right on, CPO!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

The majority of dealership have outstanding service personnel--who proactively find issues and then handle them professionally. We rarely get to hear of those. There are a few who try to pull a fast one--those we hear about all the time. Glad to hear a positive report.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:31 PM
zoomzoommo
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

The plastic shift pattern insert on my carbon fiber shift **** is loose. One of the tabs that hold it in place is broken. Looks to be a $3 part. Dealer says must order entire carbon fiber shift **** replacement with a list price of over $800. Thank you CPO.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Dealers get paid, they tried to find anything and everything they can so they can bill Porsche NA. It's a business, they don't do it b/c they love you. lol
Old 05-18-2011, 06:01 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I know what WTF means, but what does FTW mean?
Old 05-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Chimcu
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
Dealers get paid, they tried to find anything and everything they can so they can bill Porsche NA. It's a business, they don't do it b/c they love you. lol
I dunno but if that statement is truly 100% then why do not all car dealers do this? I remember my previous BMW 335i, what a piece of shiet. Even when I complained twiced about the mirrors and seats have a mind of their own, they didn't want to do anything about it. Until finally, I complained to the service manager did they do anything. I think a part of this has to do w/ the fact that Porsche has a "stand behind" their vehicle policy which makes it easier for dealers to submit claims againsts repairs w/o hassle.

Originally Posted by gota911
I know what WTF means, but what does FTW mean?
FTW = for the win
Old 05-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by zoomzoommo
The plastic shift pattern insert on my carbon fiber shift **** is loose. One of the tabs that hold it in place is broken. Looks to be a $3 part. Dealer says must order entire carbon fiber shift **** replacement with a list price of over $800. Thank you CPO.
I can top that (only I got better service)

After I bought my car, I noticed that two of the gauge lenses had a very fine mist-looking substance on them, almost like somebody had sprayed glass cleaner on the inside of the windshield and the spray hit the plastic lenses. I couldn't wipe if off. Whatever the substance was, it had impregnated the very thin plastic lens.

I called the dealership and asked about the possibility of replacing the lenses. I was told that they would submit it to Porsche to see if Porsche would take care of the problem. I couldn't imagine that Porsche would cover such a thing, and I figured some kid who was paid $4 to wash the car on the dealer lot sprayed something on the inside that screwed up the lenses. Since I was doubting they would cover it, I asked what it would cost to replace them myself, as I kinda wanted everything "perfect."

She tells me $3000. Yep, $3000. After I picked myself off the floor and gained my composure, she explained to me that there is no replacing the lenses. The entire instrument cluster has to be replaced, and must be ordered from the factory.

The sales manager said that if Porsche doesn't cover it, the dealership will, and it did.

unbelievable to me. The dealership made all kinds of promises to me, and they kept them all. This was a very interesting and unusual experience.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:02 AM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be a bit older than some here, but I seem to remember FTW (in the Vietnam war era) being written on helmet covers meaning something VERY different than "for the win"! Glad I'm not the only one that didn't get this.

Quick Reply: CPO FTW