Sponsored by:

PCM Error associated with iPhone

Old 04-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Dirtmerchant
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCM Error associated with iPhone

2009 C2S

I have had static periodically on ALL STATIONS on STEREO only, CD is fine, phone is fine. I do not have interface or Satellite. The static will NOT go away by switching sources or turning off the stereo but WILL go away if you turn off the ignition and turn it back on. The first time I took it into my dealer they cleared errors and updated the software. All was fine for a few days but the static returned, I was near my dealer so I stopped by so the tech could see exactly what was going on. I took it back in yesterday, they said there were error codes which were cleared and everything was fine. The tech apparently suspected it could be my iPhone causing the errors so he synced HIS iPhone and the error messages came back. They have asked me to drive the car for a few days without using bluetooth to see what happens.

Has anyone else ran into issues associated with an iPhone or intermittent Static on FM?

Thanks in advance,

Rodney
Old 04-19-2011, 06:00 PM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like the antenna is loose. Check that first.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:03 PM
RH512
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirtmerchant
2009 C2S

I have had static periodically on ALL STATIONS on STEREO only, CD is fine, phone is fine. I do not have interface or Satellite. The static will NOT go away by switching sources or turning off the stereo but WILL go away if you turn off the ignition and turn it back on. The first time I took it into my dealer they cleared errors and updated the software. All was fine for a few days but the static returned, I was near my dealer so I stopped by so the tech could see exactly what was going on. I took it back in yesterday, they said there were error codes which were cleared and everything was fine. The tech apparently suspected it could be my iPhone causing the errors so he synced HIS iPhone and the error messages came back. They have asked me to drive the car for a few days without using bluetooth to see what happens.

Has anyone else ran into issues associated with an iPhone or intermittent Static on FM?

Thanks in advance,

Rodney
no problems with iPhone 4 and my 2009 C4S
Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 PM
TooSixy
Racer

I don't recall any problems with my iPhone 4 and PCM in my '09 C2S either.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I have an iPhone 3G. No problems with PCM.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Dirtmerchant
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the replies, keep 'em coming.

Nothing as simple as a loose connection, from what little I understand about the situation, the PCM is causing error codes, when they have been cleared and the phone not connected there are no codes, when the phone is connected it starts causing errors, this happens with different iPhones. The only thing I noticed was static on all radio stations, even if they were only a few miles away but disc was fine.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:46 PM
vexed
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

iphone 4 works well through PCM either bluetooth or using the Y cable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCM Error associated with iPhone