Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   PCM Error associated with iPhone (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/628646-pcm-error-associated-with-iphone.html)

Dirtmerchant 04-19-2011 02:06 PM

PCM Error associated with iPhone

2009 C2S

I have had static periodically on ALL STATIONS on STEREO only, CD is fine, phone is fine. I do not have interface or Satellite. The static will NOT go away by switching sources or turning off the stereo but WILL go away if you turn off the ignition and turn it back on. The first time I took it into my dealer they cleared errors and updated the software. All was fine for a few days but the static returned, I was near my dealer so I stopped by so the tech could see exactly what was going on. I took it back in yesterday, they said there were error codes which were cleared and everything was fine. The tech apparently suspected it could be my iPhone causing the errors so he synced HIS iPhone and the error messages came back. They have asked me to drive the car for a few days without using bluetooth to see what happens.

Has anyone else ran into issues associated with an iPhone or intermittent Static on FM?

Thanks in advance,

Rodney

winkingchef 04-19-2011 06:00 PM

Sounds like the antenna is loose. Check that first.

RH512 04-19-2011 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dirtmerchant (Post 8483441)
2009 C2S

I have had static periodically on ALL STATIONS on STEREO only, CD is fine, phone is fine. I do not have interface or Satellite. The static will NOT go away by switching sources or turning off the stereo but WILL go away if you turn off the ignition and turn it back on. The first time I took it into my dealer they cleared errors and updated the software. All was fine for a few days but the static returned, I was near my dealer so I stopped by so the tech could see exactly what was going on. I took it back in yesterday, they said there were error codes which were cleared and everything was fine. The tech apparently suspected it could be my iPhone causing the errors so he synced HIS iPhone and the error messages came back. They have asked me to drive the car for a few days without using bluetooth to see what happens.

Has anyone else ran into issues associated with an iPhone or intermittent Static on FM?

Thanks in advance,

Rodney

no problems with iPhone 4 and my 2009 C4S

TooSixy 04-19-2011 08:23 PM

I don't recall any problems with my iPhone 4 and PCM in my '09 C2S either.

Mike in CA 04-19-2011 08:27 PM

I have an iPhone 3G. No problems with PCM.

Dirtmerchant 04-19-2011 11:10 PM

Thanks for the replies, keep 'em coming.

Nothing as simple as a loose connection, from what little I understand about the situation, the PCM is causing error codes, when they have been cleared and the phone not connected there are no codes, when the phone is connected it starts causing errors, this happens with different iPhones. The only thing I noticed was static on all radio stations, even if they were only a few miles away but disc was fine.

vexed 04-19-2011 11:46 PM

iphone 4 works well through PCM either bluetooth or using the Y cable.