Sponsored by:

Rear console in Alcantara pics?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 03:51 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirtmerchant
How much experience do you have with Alcantara in Porsches?

My GT3 has 33,000 miles on it and the wear is very minimal even on the steering wheel, door pulls, console lid and shifter ****. I doubt leather would look nearly as good unless you wore white gloves...
I have Alcantara seats, steering wheel, gear shift, and hand brake. I am not saying they wear poorly, but it's way too much for the center console. It would look better as trim pieces!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Dirtmerchant
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I thought maybe you had a bad experience in another brand.

My Alcantara Console came out of a GT3RS that was gutted for track use so I have no idea how much use it saw before I got it; I'd assume ~10k miles or so. I wiped it it down with 5:1 ratio of Water/Woolite as I do the rest of my Alcantara and I can't tell if from new.

If the OP REALLY likes Alcantara I'd say get it but I would only get genuine Porsche so that the Alcantara material color and stitching match. I do like leather and painted consoles, I could have bought either but prefer Alcantara.

I'll have to update the thread in a few years as to how it is wearing, not that anyone will probably care at that point... LoL
Old 03-07-2015, 04:52 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirtmerchant
Ok, I thought maybe you had a bad experience in another brand.

My Alcantara Console came out of a GT3RS that was gutted for track use so I have no idea how much use it saw before I got it; I'd assume ~10k miles or so. I wiped it it down with 5:1 ratio of Water/Woolite as I do the rest of my Alcantara and I can't tell if from new.

If the OP REALLY likes Alcantara I'd say get it but I would only get genuine Porsche so that the Alcantara material color and stitching match. I do like leather and painted consoles, I could have bought either but prefer Alcantara.

I'll have to update the thread in a few years as to how it is wearing, not that anyone will probably care at that point... LoL
OEM Alcantara would be very expensive, 3rd party looks like crap and not worth it IMO. As I said, since I was on the same path, easiest, with best results is painted console with Alcantara OEM trims, great balance to make the car sporiter.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:04 PM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

The alcantara rear center console is an absolute bargain by porsche standards. Suncoast has it for $1255 at the moment. I received mine just yesterday, the quality looks amazing and it came with the rear section also covered in alcantara which I was not expecting.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:09 PM
The Mick
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts

I've tried to attach photos but it keeps showing an error.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:40 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

sub'd

Quick Reply: Rear console in Alcantara pics?