Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice pictures.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:55 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Nicely done. How could anyone walk away from a beautiful car like that for one only 2 years newer?
I know... that's for making me realize what a dumbass move it would have been.

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Beautiful car! Nice post.
Thank You.

Originally Posted by philooo
the pictures you have taken are gorgeous, what camera did you use, superb car ! glad you are keeping it !
Nikon D 90.

Originally Posted by Marlon Targa 86
I realize this is probably not in the cards, but I bet if you took this car on a track and let it rip... you'll never neglect it or think about selling it again. There is a beast inside that car that wants to break free

I haven't had the pleasure to track a 997. But when I took my 911 on a track, something happened... it was like all of the sudden the car and I were talking to each other on a whole different level. I can only imagine what it must feel like to unleash the awesome power and grip of your car on an open track.

Anyway, I'll stop ranting. Beautiful pictures. You have a great "eye". Awesome work!

Marlon
Thank You Marlon. I will take your advice a go to some DE/DS events this year.

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
Woot, you have a way with words. Your car is one of nicest C4Ss I've seen, if I may say so myself. I am too glad you're keeping it. I agree with MT86, you need to take it to a track. Just imagine a little boy, fascinated with horses. One day a horse comes his way. A horse so beautiful, so powerful, a true Stallion. The boy knows he has to ride him. Yet, it's easier said, than done. For such a horse only few can tame. And when finally they bond, that bond is forever. So go ahead, Wootster, tame away.

P.S. I've taken mine to a track 3 times after first spending two full seasons at a few different tracks with DE instructors. And I can tell you first hand, it's a must!
Stan, I always enjoy your posts. Thank you. I have no doubts that track events are a must. Just have to plan ahead and do it this year. My car would benefit from the real TLC ... which is tracktime.

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Great looking car and outstanding photo work. I also am not a real fan of aftermarket exhausts but early in its life I removed the center muffler on my '09 C2S and replaced it with the Sharkwerks by pass and have been very happy from day one and now 19,000 miles. It gives a nice sound ( ie like the Gt3) is 10 lbs lighter and adds some horsepower. Nicest thing is no drone in the cockpit at cruise. Easy install without even lifting the car.

You might also consider the paddle shift steering wheel. It is thicker than the original, puts the shift paddles out of the way yet right where you want them. Makes PDK even more fun. Added one to my '09 C2S and my Cayman after several "ops" up shifts with the palm of my hand hitting the upshift button on the front of the OEM wheel during autocross and tracking.
Good advice. Will review my options closely with some regional Porsche experts.

Originally Posted by kosmo
leather around the PDK Lever would compliment your interior very well.
I love the tubi and found it quieter than the FVD.
BTW are those OZ's 18s?
Kosmo, I forgot to mention the leather around PDK as one of the mods I have planned. That is an absolute must IMO. Yes those are Michelin PAs on the OZ allegeritas 18 inch My set up for winter.

Originally Posted by jumper5836
I am sure there will be a special 1 of a kind Porsche 911 GT4S midnight edition right around the corner anyways, better to wait for it.

Originally Posted by Bullit
Great story and photoshoot!! How could you possibly want to part with a beauty like that?? Congrats on rediscovering the passion and the reasons that drew you to this car in the first place! After seeing the pics, it's completely understandable why you were attracted! Keep the passion alive with more one-on-one road/track time together!
Sometimes you get carried away by all the hoopla out there. Luckily I came to my senses.

Originally Posted by Cowhorn
Very nice car. I like the wheels and tint together with the silver body. Good eye.
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Kuhan
My dream is that one day, I'll have a car like that...
It is only a matter of time I'm sure. Good luck with everything in life.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:56 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John@SpeedMerchants
Very nice pictures.
Thank you John.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:22 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

w00tPORSCHE: great story and photos. I agree with those saying that you can replace the PDK shifter surround with stitched leather, easy to do to complete your great interior - just make sure that you order the nat gray version (Sunset Imports can get you that, just talk with Luke or Bob).

Re exhaust - I see nothing wrong with the stock exhaust. It fits the car perfectly. This car is not about standing out loud in a crowd.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:33 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Shots of the interior
very wise decision and a gorgeous car.

neverending pursuit of a perfection has its own fun but sometimes it is nice to slow down and appreciate a bit that little something you already have.

i just keep repeating this mantra while looking at all those nice gt3 rs etc cars folks are selling from time to time.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Im trying to buy a C4S 2010, and I have a 04 C4S to sell. When I get it Im going to do this; basically what I did to my 996, and got tremendous results.
K&N filter in the stock intake, IPD plenum. Agency power 997.2 complete exhaust kit, bypass cross pipe to two free flow mufflers and a REVO ecu
Old 02-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Gorgeous car! Your photos look they're out of a brochure or magazine. Great interior leather options - center console and lid with crest, crest on the seats... Now you need to add the leather surround for the shifter -- you car deserves it (while your at it get the Homelink button area in leather too!).

Glad you decided to keep it.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 131 Posts

It looks like a GTS!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:06 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 399 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
It looks like a GTS!
... with painted side skirts and rear valance.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:28 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

This is a follow-up to my introductory post on this thread on my initial thoughts on trading my C4S for the GTS. Just test drove the GTS this weekend. Yes, it is the best package for someone who likes the alcantara, center locking wheels coz you get the wide-body look (which everyone may not want or like) and the powerkit essentially for free, but during the test drive, for not even a split second did I get the feeling that it is much different than my 997.2 C4s. Yes it is lighter but for those who have not driven a C4S, you really should drive this second gen "all-paw" variant to see how close it compares to the other lighter, rear wheeled 997.2s in the way it drives. I am such a novice when it comes to driving, I certainly did not see the extra hp or the subtle difference in the way the torque is delivered on the powerkit. So I thought I would share my experience (take it for whatever it is worth) and some pics during my three hour drive to the dealer. I am sure you will like these two shots. I am not a big fan of the tint on a sports car but necessity demanded it. Summers are brutal here and car gets a good amount of exposure to sunlight.
Attached Images   
Old 05-04-2011, 03:38 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,055 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
Tubi is great if you hate your neighbors, from what I heard.
Don't know where you heard that but it's off the mark imo. Tubi is almost stock quiet below 3,000 rpm and pretty civilized above that too....if you want it to be.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:05 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

keep it till new chassis... i shouldnt have ever let go of my 997.2 better DD than the 11' cayenne.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:51 AM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Bravo Amar, well done... are you going to the wine tour?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,276 Likes on 589 Posts
Default Photo shoot details...

Beautiful.

Size of telephoto lens?

Time of day?

Size of pics to upload?

Joel
Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Domer911