Sponsored by:

Premier Garage

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 12:50 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Premier Garage

Im about to have my floor done in my garage this spring and I have been researching the best floor choices. I have noticed that many of you have had your floors done by Premier garage.
I have a few questions:

1. How long ago have you had it done and hows the floor holding up?
2. What color and chip size did you use?
3. If you had to do it again what would you have done different?
4. Are the floors slippery when wet?

I have been on premier garage website and the pictures are not very helpful with color selection.

Thanks for your help
Frank
Old 01-15-2011, 01:11 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

We've had ours 5 years or more. Holding up well - have one spot where my rear tire must have been hot or something - about the size of a quarter that came up. But it has gotten no worse in 3 years and I talked to them the other day and they said they could fix it any time - I just need to up it on my "to get done list".

Color is light grey/black mix - I don't recall chip size as a choice but ours are small - maybe 1/8 inch or so.

If I had to do it again, I'd consider a solid color as I am tiring a bit of the mottled look. Although I think they claim the chips give better traction when wet - maybe there is a one color chip option. Another thing to be aware of is the color will probably extend an inch or so outside of your garage door and be visible when the door is closed. We knew that in advance and thought it would be OK, but that's another reason I'd think about a solid color if I had it to do again.

We have not slipped on ours, but also have not gotten it extremely wet either.

If you have then come out, they have samples and it is much easier to decide on color - and then you probably do whatever your wife says and be glad she's into it at all.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:52 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

just goto home depot or lowes and get the H&C floor coating (epoxy ) and roll it on with a flat sponge roller and it will come out like glass. it is %100 easy on the feet and makes the concrete feel like tile. It can be mopped and swept super easy.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:47 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Had Premier do my garage, floor and cabinets about 6 months ago. Floor is the black/grey/white 1/8 chip. Check out the photo in my avatar.

I love it! a bit slippery when wet but not bad. Excellent traction when dry. So far very durable but only 6 months. Only thing I would do different is negotiate more on price. I had a fresh slab poured in my garage so prep was minimal. They quoted $5/sg ft, I paid $4.40. Probably could have gotten lower based on the new slab.

Remember that Premier is a franchise so your experience will depend on the quality of your local installer. Get references, talk to customers, do your research.

Good luck.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Lubrecon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tile it, it will look better than anything you can do. Looks so good, you may want to park the car outside!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:24 AM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

premier did my garages 3 years ago. we've been very happy, with no issues whatsoever. we did the tan chip, not sure what size but it has quite a bit of texture to it.

i agree with pjorgen - keep in mind they are a franchise so the quality of the local installer is very important. if i had it to do again, i'd do exactly the same floor.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:26 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Premier did mine 2 years ago so I can't speak for longevity but it shows no signs of wear where it would first be expected to appear viz., under the vehicle wheels. The surface is not a smooth one so it isn't slippery when wet. Get a referral from someone in your neighberhood who has already had it done.

BTW the stuff they use is a polymer coating which is several times more robust than "epoxy."
Old 01-16-2011, 12:59 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks Guys! Since the economy is what it is everyone is willing to negotiate to get a job. I want to stay away from epoxy because i have never seen any epoxy floors that lasts. They will peel or lift. I have seen many photos on this board of garage floors done by Premier Garage and that is what sold me on this product.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Pincomar
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fskof
Thanks Guys! Since the economy is what it is everyone is willing to negotiate to get a job. I want to stay away from epoxy because i have never seen any epoxy floors that lasts. They will peel or lift. I have seen many photos on this board of garage floors done by Premier Garage and that is what sold me on this product.

Thanks
I am 4 years' in to my Premier floor and apart from being not quite as clean as it was, it is as good as new. I have 3 cars and we are in and out all the time. No issue. My builder had previously put down the DIY version from Lowe's/Home Depot and I had to have it removed (messy and expensive). Premier is in a totally different league. I will never have a garage without a Premier floor.

M.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:45 PM
porscheman1963
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Premier floor for 2 years and love it !!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:03 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

My hubby hangs out on another forum because we've got a brand new house/garage and we need to do the floor. We've had everything from ceramic tile, vinyl tile and wall to wall carpet. This time is going to be either stained concrete or racedeck.
Check out www.garagejournal.com go the forum!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:19 PM
nyca
Three Wheelin'

Received 711 Likes on 392 Posts

Racedeck, especially the newer tiles (stronger, gloss finishes) are worth a look.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

1) 5 years - Perfect Condition. Couldn't be more pleased.
2) Graphite 1/4 chip
3) If I had to do it over again, i'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd also do it up the sides of the concrete in my garage a foot or so and cover the entire stairs/handrail going into the house. Would look amazing.
4) Never have really noticed the floors being slippery when wet any more so than a regular concrete floor.

I would highly recommend Premier Garage. I think it's better than racedeck in every possible way other than maybe taking them with you if you move. Too many downsides to me with racedeck (cleaning, water, snow, looks, getting that perfect fit, matching to stairs, using a jack, etc.)

I will never own another garage without Premier Garage.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:15 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Jo, has Robert recieved any quotes on staining?
Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 312 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Jo, has Robert recieved any quotes on staining?
Not yet.....waiting til it warms up a bit.........

Quick Reply: Premier Garage