Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cabriolet Snow Day

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 12:43 PM
CBejbl
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great pics. Glad the snow stayed on the Cape!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:53 PM
JSeven
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing pics, thanks for sharing

J.Seven
Old 12-21-2010, 02:10 PM
vman4639
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I cringe at the thought of all the snow, ice, other crap you brought back into the car after taking the photo. Poor floor mats!
Old 12-21-2010, 02:42 PM
cjtheo4
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Pictures

You all have some great pictures! Try using www.PrintMyRides.com to enjoy your Cabriolet all winter, even if its snowing.
Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2010, 12:17 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vman4639
I cringe at the thought of all the snow, ice, other crap you brought back into the car after taking the photo. Poor floor mats!
Seriously??? If our P-cars are not driven then why have them. They are better build, and more capable than most everything else on the road today. Letting them sit in the garage unexposed to real driving conditions only makes them a very bad financial decision, and a loss of enjoyment.
As for the floor mats, I have Porsche Heavy-Duty Rubber Floor Mats which fit like a glove, look great, and offer complete protection all year.
Attached Images  
Old 12-22-2010, 12:44 PM
nazhat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by todd.
Seriously??? If our P-cars are not driven then why have them. They are better build, and more capable than most everything else on the road today. Letting them sit in the garage unexposed to real driving conditions only makes them a very bad financial decision, and a loss of enjoyment.
As for the floor mats, I have Porsche Heavy-Duty Rubber Floor Mats which fit like a glove, look great, and offer complete protection all year.
Amen brother!
Old 12-22-2010, 12:58 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great thread - thanks for posting! You have a gorgeous C2S Todd - enjoy it!

After many years of deciding to wait - I am finally in the market to buy a CPO 997.1 Cab as a DD here in snowy Utah. It is down to two finalists - a C4S and a C2S. This thread really gets the juices flowing....

-B
Old 12-22-2010, 01:27 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blake
Great thread - thanks for posting! You have a gorgeous C2S Todd - enjoy it!
After many years of deciding to wait - I am finally in the market to buy a CPO 997.1 Cab as a DD here in snowy Utah. It is down to two finalists - a C4S and a C2S. This thread really gets the juices flowing....-B
Having owned 997 C4's, a Turbo, and a C2, I prefer the C2 in every way except on a slick snow covered, or icy hill. The day I posted this thread, my C2S CAB was confident as hell driving in a 7" snow storm, not normal winter driving conditions, but it does happen a few time a year here. The only times I wish I had AWD were on some hills, one of which I did slip a little after very carefully moving forward again when the light turned green. There were 6 cars ahead of me and 20 behind sharing this hill in a busy intersection, not at all confidence inspiring. I've been on snowy roads here and seen cars sliding into each other in a similar situation. I'm sure I was better off than 99% of the 2WD cars on that hill especially with my Michelin Alpins, but my heart rate was a bit up nonetheless.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:30 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great to hear a report on a RWD car. I know it's all in the tires, and not necessarily in the AWD. (But AWD is great out here for the simple reason that it lets you drive straight through Caltrans chain controls.) Put a set of Michelin X-ice on the C4S last week and headed up skiing both Friday and Saturday.

Looking to get some action shots Friday. See if my wife can take a decent photo.
Attached Images   
Old 12-23-2010, 02:35 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 131 Posts

Thankfully I have "graduated" to such short skis over the decades that I don't need to use any of my ski racks anymore!

4 REAL snow tires make a considerable difference. With rear wheel drive these things are invincible!
Old 12-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Boatsonthebrain
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by todd.
Just a footnote on rubber floormats: I ordered my Weathertech mats online from MacNeil Automotive on November 12 and just received them a couple of days ago. Took 6 phone calls and long hold times of up to an hour only to be told 'we'll get these out tomorrow with a tracking number...' each time. Now that I finally have the mats, the fronts are fine but the rear mats don't fit (lay over at least 2 inches of each rear seat rail). My advice is, if you're looking for rubber floor mats, get the Porsche mats as Todd has done.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:31 AM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 353 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatsonthebrain
Just a footnote on rubber floormats: I ordered my Weathertech mats online from MacNeil Automotive on November 12 and just received them a couple of days ago. Took 6 phone calls and long hold times of up to an hour only to be told 'we'll get these out tomorrow with a tracking number...' each time. Now that I finally have the mats, the fronts are fine but the rear mats don't fit (lay over at least 2 inches of each rear seat rail). My advice is, if you're looking for rubber floor mats, get the Porsche mats as Todd has done.
My experience with Weathertech has been good. Fast ship. But more importantly they fit perfectly. The fronts are custom designed for the car. I don't have the rears on the 911, but I do have them on the Cayenne. The rears needed to be trimmed. There are perforations that allow you to cut them to size to fit. I wasn't expecting this when I ordered them, but it took 5 minutes, and as they are perforated, they came out perfect.

So, you might want to check and see if yours are intended to be cut. I think there were some instructions to this effect.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Boatsonthebrain
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JW911
My experience with Weathertech has been good. Fast ship. But more importantly they fit perfectly. The fronts are custom designed for the car. I don't have the rears on the 911, but I do have them on the Cayenne. The rears needed to be trimmed. There are perforations that allow you to cut them to size to fit. I wasn't expecting this when I ordered them, but it took 5 minutes, and as they are perforated, they came out perfect.

So, you might want to check and see if yours are intended to be cut. I think there were some instructions to this effect.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After seeing these pics I just know I am gonna have nightmares.
More power to you guys! I won't be doing the same.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:25 AM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Nice seeing more snow photos, these cars want to go places.

Originally Posted by race911
Great to hear a report on a RWD car. I know it's all in the tires, and not necessarily in the AWD. (But AWD is great out here for the simple reason that it lets you drive straight through Caltrans chain controls.) Put a set of Michelin X-ice on the C4S last week and headed up skiing both Friday and Saturday.

Looking to get some action shots Friday. See if my wife can take a decent photo.

Quick Reply: Cabriolet Snow Day