Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUESTION: Best Auto Transport Company?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 PM
beowulf
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi brt3, is it possible to ask PNA to re-route your car so that it's delivered to a West Coast dealer (or perhaps even your local dealer)?
There are many dealers out here and I would think one might agree as a courtesy if approved by PNA.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:33 PM
brt3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beowulf
Hi brt3, is it possible to ask PNA to re-route your car so that it's delivered to a West Coast dealer (or perhaps even your local dealer)?
There are many dealers out here and I would think one might agree as a courtesy if approved by PNA.
Now that's a great idea; does anyone else have any experience with this? I will definitely ask my dealer if there's even a remote possibility this could work...
Old 10-26-2010, 10:43 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 385 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by brt3
Now that's a great idea; does anyone else have any experience with this? I will definitely ask my dealer if there's even a remote possibility this could work...
That makes sense, but I would not be surprised if the PCNA/dealer bureaucracy and dealer brownie points system blocks that.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:52 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 78 Posts

i have a car on the way from east coast. i used High End Transport. i'll let u know how it goes. it was kinda worry-some at the beginning because i found out they're not direct but also sub-contract other drivers & company to transport cars. that's a bit risky since u have no idea who will be picking up the car etc.

my experiences with Intercity & Horseless Carriage are great. only problem with them are they're normally hard to get to if u need something transport within a week time frame. most of us don't like to wait. the good thing with them is they only use liftgate transport. u don't have to worry about scraping or burned clutch. and they are direct service, not sub-contracted. i's sure there are more companies are like them but i just don't have personal experience with them.

p.s. i recently called Passport. i don't think they're still owned by Fedex. according to the guy, Passport bought the company back from Fedex.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:43 PM
brt3
Instructor

Here's an update on the shipping quotes. For PCA members Intercity does offer a discount:

Intercity, the normal rate: $1,926
Intercity w/PCA Discount: $1,838
Old 10-27-2010, 03:09 PM
RED HORSE
Race Car

Received 128 Likes on 70 Posts

Count me among those who had excellent service from FedEX Custom Critical. Shipped from Utah to Louisiana, loaded at the house, stayed on the same truck in the same position, delivered at front door. Driver game me his cell phone number and was responsive when I called him. He delivered on schedule. If I was shipping again that is who I would call. Some of the others listed here wouldn't even give me a quote from Utah to Louisiana.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:27 PM
brt3
Instructor

For anyone in the same boat, I found this: http://www.transportreviews.com/company/

Some of the companies are also advertisers on the site, but it seems to be one of the only sources of reviews on auto transport companies...
Old 10-27-2010, 03:52 PM
brt3
Instructor

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
Count me among those who had excellent service from FedEX Custom Critical. Shipped from Utah to Louisiana, loaded at the house, stayed on the same truck in the same position, delivered at front door. Driver game me his cell phone number and was responsive when I called him. He delivered on schedule. If I was shipping again that is who I would call. Some of the others listed here wouldn't even give me a quote from Utah to Louisiana.
Does FedEx still own Passport Transport? Originally, after FedEx purchased them, they showed up under the FedEx banner. Now, they're back on a separate website without any reference to FedEx. Does anyone know anything definitive about this?
Old 10-27-2010, 05:56 PM
lhd7
Rennlist Member

+1 on Intercity - have used them twice and each time they were great
Old 10-27-2010, 07:39 PM
simrohor
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used InterCity with great success. Good luck with your transport.
Attached Images   
Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 PM
rbsf123
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Demoise did a fine job for me on Fla to CA shipment.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

+1 on Intercity. Shipping my C4S from Houston to San Diego.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:45 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

any more news on PCNA delivering to a closer dealer? after all you are paying a $900+ delivery fee....

i have been looking at JP logistics for shipping from TAMPA to LA... price quoted was 1500$... thats a long ride too.

i will have my cayenne delivered in Ohio and need it in Florida so would be nice to know if they can delivery to a diff dealer.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:17 PM
brt3
Instructor

Originally Posted by rijowysock
any more news on PCNA delivering to a closer dealer? after all you are paying a $900+ delivery fee....

i have been looking at JP logistics for shipping from TAMPA to LA... price quoted was 1500$... thats a long ride too.

i will have my cayenne delivered in Ohio and need it in Florida so would be nice to know if they can delivery to a diff dealer.
I am getting nowhere on that with the dealer. I may try to contact PCNA, just to see if there's a chance. I can understand why a dealer would prefer status quo; not only is it easier, it gives them the chance to let their F&I person try to upsell you on ClearBra, paint sealant, and extended warranties...
Old 11-01-2010, 12:11 AM
sbpsu354
Racer

Fedex bought Passport many years ago, and very recently (2 or 3 months ago) sold it back to the original owners. I'm using them to move my 997 and Street Triple to Texas soon.

Quick Reply: QUESTION: Best Auto Transport Company?