Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Porsche, thanks to alt. lease deal on '10 Carrera, 5K from PCNA at standard rate

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Spectro28
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1st Porsche, thanks to alt. lease deal on '10 Carrera, 5K from PCNA at standard rate

Hi All --

Am delurking, since I put a deposit on a new 2010 C2S on Saturday. A car I've been looking at on the 'net since the spring. It's my 50th birthday present.

Atlas Grey Metallic, Black Standard Leather
541 - Seat Ventilation
345 - Heated Steering Wheel
407 - 19" Sport Design Wheel
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors
870 - Universal Audio Interface
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
686 - XM Radio
P15 - Pwr Comfort Seats w/Driver Mem
672 - Navigation Module for PCM
619 - Bluetooth Phone Interface
603 - Dynamic Cornering Lights
342 - Heated Front Seats
XRP - 5mm Wheel Spacers
XLT - Sport Tailpipes
680 - Bose High End Sound Package

I looked around a lot, and talked deals on 6 different cars. The deal I went with was aggressive enough, about 16K off MSRP with the 2y lease. Residual is ~70K, sale price was 90 (11K from the dealer, 5K from PCNA).

This is my first Porsche, and I'm very excited (doh). Plan to pick the car up on Saturday (it's about a 3h drive, I get to take the train up there with my wife and drive back home).

It's similar in some sense to me to a 7y loan, actually. I can't afford a purchase on this car right now, and would have to build a stake over the next year to get there. If it's all I hope, I can buy it off lease in 2 years for $70K.

Anyone know what the XLT Sport Tailpipes are?

Anyone know if dealers can swap wheels before/at purchase?

Thanks!
Marc

Current cars:
Black '98 Z3 2.8
Steel Grey Metallic '03 330xi (just sold)
Blaze Yellow 2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatch (wife's)
Old 10-17-2010, 11:34 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

excellent news...happy birthday..enjoy..

i have hear do of the short tailpipes but dont recall what they look like...

dealer may swap wheels but its a dealer by dealer thing...
Old 10-17-2010, 11:46 PM
TooSixy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Please post pix when you get it.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:26 AM
PHDX2
Pro

Congratulations! Looking forward to the pics!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:14 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

Sport tailpipes:

Old 10-18-2010, 01:29 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 720 Likes on 390 Posts

dealer can swap wheels but some may not as they often add a nice piece of change to the option list and thus the overall price of the car. For example sport design wheels can be a $3-4k option. Since I often swap out for aftermarket wheels this is ALWAYS a point of contention and bargining with my dealer! lol Worse case you can upgrade or downgrade and sell em to a Rennlist for some of your $$ back. But with a good dealer you shouldn't have to do it..They should be willing to upgrade or down grade as you wish....you're the buyer afterall paying for a $90k car for petes sake!

Good luck and enjoy. BTW which dealer?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:31 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Spectro28
A dealer might change wheels for you, but will charge you the difference in their MSRP, plus potentially a fee to do the swap. As mentioned, many folks swap after the sale and then re-sell their stock. My dealer offered me $1500 for the stock wheels on my original C2S order.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Spectro28
Instructor

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Sport tailpipes:

Thanks gravedgr -- from this illustration, it seems that there's a matte high-reflective finish, which would be nice. The car configurator has a note that says they're 'nanocoated stainless...' We'll see -- pics to be attached next.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Spectro28
Instructor

Default Pics Attached -- 2010 Atlas Grey Metallic C2S

Hi All --

Am delurking, since I put a deposit on a new 2010 C2S on Saturday. A car I've been looking at on the 'net since the spring. It's my 50th birthday present.

Atlas Grey Metallic, Black Standard Leather
541 - Seat Ventilation
345 - Heated Steering Wheel
407 - 19" Sport Design Wheel
267 - Self Dimming Mirrors
870 - Universal Audio Interface
810 - Floor Mats in Interior Color
686 - XM Radio
P15 - Pwr Comfort Seats w/Driver Mem
672 - Navigation Module for PCM
619 - Bluetooth Phone Interface
603 - Dynamic Cornering Lights
342 - Heated Front Seats
XRP - 5mm Wheel Spacers
XLT - Sport Tailpipes
680 - Bose High End Sound Package

I looked around a lot, and talked deals on 6 different cars. The deal I went with was aggressive enough, about 16K off MSRP with the 2y lease. Residual is ~70K, sale price was 90 (11K from the dealer, 5K from PCNA).

This is my first Porsche, and I'm very excited (doh). Plan to pick the car up on Saturday (it's about a 3h drive, I get to take the train up there with my wife and drive back home).

It's similar in some sense to me to a 7y loan, actually. I can't afford a purchase on this car right now, and would have to build a stake over the next year to get there. If it's all I hope, I can buy it off lease in 2 years for $70K.

Anyone know what the XLT Sport Tailpipes are?

Thanks!
Marc

Current cars:
Black '98 Z3 2.8
Steel Grey Metallic '03 330xi (just sold)
Blaze Yellow 2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatch (wife's)
Hi All --

Thanks to all for the replies and welcomes.

Pics attached courtesy of the salesperson at Holbert's.

I couldn't resist stopping at a local dealer last night to have an in-person look at the Sport Design Wheels -- Rockville Porsche. They have a new sales manager who's personable, interesting, and courteous (this is a big change from the old guard). I told them my interest, and a salesperson had a look at US inventory for me -- I wanted to make certain that there wasn't something I was missing, and that there wasn't something that I could do locally, without working with a dealer a couple of hundred miles away.

They offered to match the deal, and to bring in a car I was interested in, provided the other dealer was willing to part with it. Very gracious about it, seeing that, as the salesman noted "...there isn't a lot of 'fun' in this kind of deal for us." I was impressed, though the only other car that caught my attention is one I was already interested in in Chapel Hill, NC -- a GT Silver C2S, similarly equipped.

My wife prefers the GT Silver (it's a gorgeous color!), but I think this car (attached photos) is mine!

Any Atlas Grey folks that have regrets about the car being too dark? Too hard to keep clean?

And, next: Clear Bra? Wheel/Tire insurance? Thoughts on those Sport Tailpipes (does anyone have pics of an Atlas Grey car with standard ones)?

Thanks again,
Marc
Attached Images      
Old 10-19-2010, 09:11 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

That's a beauty. GT silver is a nice color too. I'm digging the Atlas tho. I'm gravitating to the darker colors.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:01 PM
jjlawyer
4th Gear

That is a great discount off the MSRP, I know because I just leased a 2010 also. If you currently have a lease on another car in your name, make sure you take advantage of the conquest cash rebate too. It will result in a reduction of the porsche cap cost equal to the sum of three months lease payments on the other car, up to a total of $4500.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

Exciting story. Sweet car!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:37 PM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the darker look. Good choice
Old 10-19-2010, 09:56 PM
mstams
Racer

Thoughts on those Sport Tailpipes (does anyone have pics of an Atlas Grey car with standard ones)?
Hi Marc. I would be interested in swapping or buying the sport tailpipes if you get the car. Good luck with the purchase!!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I had an Atlas Grey Cayman and the color is spectacular! I would actually rather have my car in Atlas than any other standard color. PTS is a different story... It was pretty easy to keep clean and the color is gorgeous. It's very metallic and has hints of blue in it. If I order another Porsche and don't do PTS, it'll be Atlas w/blue leather.

Quick Reply: 1st Porsche, thanks to alt. lease deal on '10 Carrera, 5K from PCNA at standard rate