Sponsored by:

Tough decisions C2 or C4S

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 11:48 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Moderato
Not that I don't believe you but realistically, how can a Carrera with worn out summer tires pass a bunch of "stuck SUVs?"

It's quite a stretch as summer tires got NO traction in snow...
Old 10-06-2010, 12:06 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by backerman
I've been looking for a daily driver here I'm the Seattle area. I realize how different each are. C2 is lighter weight and more of pure 911 experience vs C4S which is heavier but well suited for all the rain here and more power, brakes etc. I may do a few mods on each. There is a 15k difference in price. Also the C2 has 13k miles vs 28K on the C4s any thoughts? I don't want to start a whole "mine is better" discussion. Thanks everyone.
dont know about you and how you are as driver but we get insanely hard rain here in florida where you cant even see 10ft in front of car sometimes and i have never felt unsafe in my C2, if anything i feel very safe... i have lost traction maybe 3-4 times but the PSM steps in and just knows what to do like magic.

C4S has more power but is same speed if not slower due to weight and drive line power loss...

i would go C2, because i have twice... i have weighed the options and even if i lived in an area w/ snow i would go C2.. only time i would go C4 is if i lived in area with BAD snow and roads that do not get cleared within a reasonable time... the added weight and drive train loss does not a porsche make.. its more of a "i think i need this, but will never use it"

Quick Reply: Tough decisions C2 or C4S