Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used 997 C4S Cabriolet vs. new Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
mopar bob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just looking at the dealer looking at early 987 s and they fit me OK, but just OK. I tried out a 997.1 s and the fit for me was so much better. I'm 6'6" and 240lbs and I didn't fell like I was shoe horned in. Don't get me wrong I like a small light weight car, I'm coming out of a 944S3 and the fits me better than a 987. And before you ask about a 944S3, that's a S2 with a 968 motor.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:53 PM
limbo
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxsterG
Actually, I prefer the Boxster over the 997 for traveling since I came get both of my suitcases in the two trunks. The 997 is smaller when it come to luggage and traveling.
You cant go wrong with either one of the cars. Ultimately, it is your decision.
I've found the opposite to be true.

My largest suitcase will not fit in the front trunk of a 997 or 987, which means it's not going in the rear boot of a 987 either.. It will handily fit in the rear area of a 997.

Agree on not being able to go wrong!

MB
Old 08-24-2010, 08:43 PM
cbzzoom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
No I really don't think so. You can still EASILY use the extra HP and straightline speed. Going around turns on public roads at speeds that the Boxster might be faster than the 997 is outright reckless.
The advantage of the Boxster is that you can go around a tight corner at 40 mph, the back will slide out slightly, but it will be totally under control, very safe and also a huge laugh.

At 40 mph the 997 just feels like a heavy dead horse. I find you have to drive it a lot harder to make it fun.

Boxster has way more laughs per mph. But yeah, underpowered is a pretty bad problem if you have any ego or any of that teenage need to punch the gas (which I do). It's especially depressing because of how fast all the regular sedans are these days. All the subarus and BMW family sedans out there will beat a boxster in the traffic light drag race.

I know the comparison is unavoidable but they are really very different feeling cars. You have to try them, and your gut should tell you right away what you want. A boxster is a classic "sports car" , the 997 is really a "grand tourer".

Quick Reply: Used 997 C4S Cabriolet vs. new Boxster S