Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, get together on Saturday the 14th?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, get together on Saturday the 14th?

The Monterey Bay PCA Region has a Corral at Laguna Seca during the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion.
I’ll be attending on Saturday the 14th, will anyone else be around? It would be good to catch up in person.
Unfortunately I won’t have my car but rather a Mustang rental – but hey it might be cool to try something different.

Bruce

PS I'll be at Concorso on the Friday and Pebble Beach Sunday. Hopefully Gooding & Co auctions in the evenings.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:56 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 385 Likes on 268 Posts

I doubt you can park a non-Pcar at the Porsche Corral.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:59 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADias
I doubt you can park a non-Pcar at the Porsche Corral.
I know that, I'll be parking well away don't worry, but I hope to use the Corral as a base for the day. I'm buying lunch tix through Monterey Bay PCA.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
I know that, I'll be parking well away don't worry, but I hope to use the Corral as a base for the day. I'm buying lunch tix through Monterey Bay PCA.
We'll be at Laguna on Saturday the 14th as well. We're bringing the dog and other stuff to our place in Monterey so no P car or corral parking for me either. But it will be nice to get the S4 Avant on the road and let the V8 breathe a little. We'll certainly be hanging around the corral though. Maybe there's a way to connect.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:31 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

I actually disagree with the policy. I do think PCA members should be able to come with any car they choose and park there. Visitors like yourself should be able to do so. I pointed that out to alert you to a policy I disagree with.

Last edited by ADias; 08-04-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

Just curious--do they charge to park your Porsche in the Porsche corral?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:42 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Yes they do, and Laguna Seca's Corral is a dirt field. Laguna Seca has paved premium parking which I would prefer.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Yes 55 smacks, oh & a free T-shirt, that probably costs no more than the iPhone4 bumper that Steve Jobs is giving away.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

I actually disagree with the policy. I do think PCA members should be able to come with any car they choose and park there. Visitors like yourself should be able to do so. I pointed that out to alert you to a policy I disagree with.
Yeah, seems like a bad choice. You'd think they'd be anxious to collect that extra $55.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

No worries mate.

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
We'll be at Laguna on Saturday the 14th as well. We're bringing the dog and other stuff to our place in Monterey so no P car or corral parking for me either. But it will be nice to get the S4 Avant on the road and let the V8 breathe a little. We'll certainly be hanging around the corral though. Maybe there's a way to connect.
I'll be the 40 year old guy (birthday tomorrow actually!) with a yellow LIVEstrong band on the right wrist and a green Porsche ball cap. I'll be there along with my Dad. Would be good to catch up Mike.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

No worries mate.

I'll be the 40 year old guy (birthday tomorrow actually!) with a yellow LIVEstrong band on the right wrist and a green Porsche ball cap. I'll be there along with my Dad. Would be good to catch up Mike.
Happy Birthday, Bruce! I'll be the 60 years young guy wearing the blue Racer's Group hat and a white Porsche/Martini Racing shirt. Hope to see you there.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:38 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Happy B-day Bruce!

Would love to meet you at Laguna this year. Unfortunately I'll be stranded, working down in San Diego. (I'll be so glad when this job is done.)

Hopefully you come again in 2011.

If you're in the area on Tue. don't miss the "Concourse on the Avenue" in downtown Carmel. It is a free event, and maybe the best event of the week. It takes over many blocks of the downtown. Very laid back. All the best cars will be there. Tons of fun.

Enjoy your trip!

Phil
Old 08-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Happy Birthday, Bruce! I'll be the 60 years young guy wearing the blue Racer's Group hat and a white Porsche/Martini Racing shirt. Hope to see you there.
I'll look out for you Mike.

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Happy B-day Bruce!

Would love to meet you at Laguna this year. Unfortunately I'll be stranded, working down in San Diego. (I'll be so glad when this job is done.)

Hopefully you come again in 2011.

If you're in the area on Tue. don't miss the "Concourse on the Avenue" in downtown Carmel. It is a free event, and maybe the best event of the week. It takes over many blocks of the downtown. Very laid back. All the best cars will be there. Tons of fun.

Enjoy your trip!

Phil
Unfortunately only arrive SFO Thursday night Phil. I'm sure I'll come again, was there in '07. It would be good at some point to meet. Cheers for now.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:15 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

The Concours on the Avenue (on Tue) was cancelled this year.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The Concours on the Avenue (on Tue) was cancelled this year.
Oh, that's a bummer. I really enjoyed that event last year.

Thanks for the update Tony.

Phil

Quick Reply: Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion, get together on Saturday the 14th?