Sponsored by:

steering cover removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 07:52 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts
Default steering cover removal

one of the mods i would really like to do on my car is to paint the plastic spoke on the steering wheel to interior color. do we have a diy post on how to remove this thing. its the spokes currently colored volcano grey. i know it can be seprately removed since suncoast offers a multi function conversion kit which requires dealer activation but since ordinary wheels do not have the fancy buttons it should be easier..any ideas??
Old 07-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Taxi?
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slicky rick
one of the mods i would really like to do on my car is to paint the plastic spoke on the steering wheel to interior color. do we have a diy post on how to remove this thing. its the spokes currently colored volcano grey. i know it can be seprately removed since suncoast offers a multi function conversion kit which requires dealer activation but since ordinary wheels do not have the fancy buttons it should be easier..any ideas??
I was thinking of doing the same thing and here's a couple of posts that address removing the steering wheel. Please let me know if you try this and how it looks.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...l-removal.html

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...e-997-2-a.html
Old 07-12-2010, 04:56 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

wow now this one looks scary in that we could damage perfectly good leather specially if using tools like knives and the like. maybe we need to get a set of trim removal tools first from suncoast before going through this procedure. dont want to risk damaging the leather. irrepairable when damaged and accidents do happen.thanks taxi?. i will read through the procedure a couple of times first and maybe i could find a better, easier way of going through this one. im sure the mod will be a good looking one. we will have unique personalized look in our car. I think it would look good on dark colored interiors. for light colored interiors not so sure.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:31 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i've been curious about it for a while now. Its one of the few things I'm not fond of in the interior. Dunno why they chose this color. Personally I want the trim color to match the color of the door handles and HVAC vents border.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Taxi?
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kosmo
i've been curious about it for a while now. Its one of the few things I'm not fond of in the interior. Dunno why they chose this color. Personally I want the trim color to match the color of the door handles and HVAC vents border.
My feelings exactly. My 2005 interior is black with some of the standard trim in silver and some in grey. So when I get around to adding some body accents, like a painted center console, then it becomes a quad-color interior. But to replace all the silver and/or grey is a difficult job.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

dont worry guys we will get to do this mod soon just need to get my hands on trim removal tools. having the steerin in interior color with only the pdk shifter buttons in silver will look great!!

Quick Reply: steering cover removal