Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Lost key, how to get into car without key? (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/573025-lost-key-how-to-get-into-car-without-key.html)

Wills 06-11-2010 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by TooSixy (Post 7649207)
Sure.

Yes hard to believe but you'll see from the post I'm not claiming it works old boy.

I've googled it and seen some demonstrations on there but still remain to be convinced myself.

MUSSBERGER 06-11-2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wills (Post 7649221)
Yes hard to believe but you'll see from the post I'm not claiming it works old boy.

I've googled it and seen some demonstrations on there but still remain to be convinced myself.

Until Dan proves it..........:burnout:

Lugs H 06-11-2010 11:12 PM

Don't know if over the cell phone works on a Porsche. But I have tried it on both my Ford & GM cars and it did unlock them. If in doubt, try it.

Macster 06-12-2010 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by DMoore (Post 7642138)
Been there, done that. Is there a T-shirt?

When I was locked out of my 997.1, with the key inside, here's how I got back in. Several locksmiths said "can't help you." Porsche dealer said "have the car towed to the dealership and we'll figure it out." They also said they could take my VIN and have a new key blade cut, which would take a few days. I went ahead and did that and it took 3-4 days if I recall correctly. The key blade was around $200 IIRC.

However, I managed to find a locksmith with a device he called an "air wedge." In essence it was a small inflatable air bag. He very gently managed to insert it between the front and rear windows, and then started pumping. He was able to get the windows apart far enough to insert a metal hook to pull the door handle open. The moment the handle starts to move the window drops a short distance, which allowed the top of the window to clear the track in the roof and then gave the locksmith more room to work with. He got the door open moments later. My key was sitting on the console, with the spare key inside the console. Problem solved. The locksmith charged me $100.

I'd ordered the spare blade from the dealer already, so when that came it stayed inside my kitchen drawer. Now that I have a newer 997.2, the spare key for it it is NEVER inside the car!

DMoore
'09 C2S PDK
'10 P4S
'

Bingo! Air-wedge. A year ago I ended up in Ely NV at a body shop where my car towed after hitting a deer. Someone dropped off a truck outside this body shop and it was blocking entry into the shop.

The shop owner got out a large suitcase of essentially car breaking and entering tools and pried the door at the top of the truck away from the body a bit and slipped in an air wedge gave its air pump a few squeezes and the air wedge inflated and expanded and moved the door away from the truck's body far enough to thread in a special plastic rod -- crooked as all get out and there were maybe 8 various shaped ones in the suitcase -- by which he could work the door handle to unlock the truck.

I would think a tow truck business could send out someone to "break into" the OP's car and have that thing unlocked in no time. It is a good thing the key though was in the car cause the alarm would sound and if no key present to start the engine and kill the alarm AFIAK it will continue to sound until battery dies.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Wills 06-12-2010 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lugs H (Post 7650112)
Don't know if over the cell phone works on a Porsche. But I have tried it on both my Ford & GM cars and it did unlock them. If in doubt, try it.

I think its a load of nonsense but England are playing the US tonight in the World Cup (thats a football tournament) :pso I've got some mates coming round to watch us run rings round them. So I'll give it a go!:D

Kuhan 06-12-2010 10:31 AM

Here's a video where they try it on many different car makes. The feeling is that for those cars where it has worked, the remote was probably still in range.

What is more worrying is that you can block the remote signal with one of those remote door chime thingys so someone can block you locking you car so you walk away thinking it's locked and it's not!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12joS...layer_embedded

camhabib 06-12-2010 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Kuhan (Post 7650730)
Here's a video where they try it on many different car makes. The feeling is that for those cars where it has worked, the remote was probably still in range.

What is more worrying is that you can block the remote signal with one of those remote door chime thingys so someone can block you locking you car so you walk away thinking it's locked and it's not!

I have a video showing that you can travel time, while telling the future, as your brining people back from the dead, and turning lead into gold, PROOF that you can.

Macster 06-12-2010 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kuhan (Post 7650730)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12joS...layer_embedded

Yes in range is it. And in a car park like that one can get some odd and rather impressive distance from a key module remote signal due to reflections off of car glass and body metal.

The Porsche key module emits an RF signal not an audio signal and the cell phone can not receive and transmit this RF signal.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Kuhan 06-12-2010 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by camhabib (Post 7650781)
I have a video showing that you can travel time, while telling the future, as your brining people back from the dead, and turning lead into gold, PROOF that you can.

Wow! No need to shoot the messenger...

Minok 06-14-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Wills (Post 7649054)
i know this won't help but, my OPC said that you can unlock your porsche remotely using the key over a mobile phone connection.

i.e you could be in another state with the key, call a friend who is stood with the car then plip the remote at the phone with your friend pointing his phone at the car and the door will open!

Not sure if it works but thats what he said...

No way.
The only frequencies the cell phone would transmit are in the vocal range. And given the compression, not even the full vocal range. That said, the transmitters are RF and would NOT even get picked up and transmitted, much less received and broadcast, by a cell phone.

Wills 06-14-2010 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Minok (Post 7656232)
No way.
The only frequencies the cell phone would transmit are in the vocal range. And given the compression, not even the full vocal range. That said, the transmitters are RF and would NOT even get picked up and transmitted, much less received and broadcast, by a cell phone.

Yes I know I've googled myth busters as well....:)

Minok 06-15-2010 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wills (Post 7656331)
Yes I know I've googled myth busters as well....:)

That's one way. My analysis was based on me electrical engineering and communications knowledge.

sullivas 06-16-2010 01:34 PM

What's the plastic key? I got 2 regular keys with my 997.

rijowysock 06-16-2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by sullivas (Post 7661871)
What's the plastic key? I got 2 regular keys with my 997.

its a spare key u can order... plastic so that with repeated use it would wear away and be useless so someone couldnt steal car and use it for extended period... i use it for going to the beach so i can tie it in my pants and go in the water without ruining the original key.

Timothy Harris 01-29-2017 09:11 PM

1997 Porsche Boxster

bag the window
press button on dash for 5 seconds
within 10 seconds pull door handle
wait 5 seconds then pull handle on outside of door
door should now open