Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Can sport Classic Interior be ordered thru Porsche Exclusive (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/566107-can-sport-classic-interior-be-ordered-thru-porsche-exclusive.html)

casaforte9 05-04-2010 05:03 PM

Can sport Classic Interior be ordered thru Porsche Exclusive

Can sport Classic Interior be ordered thru Porsche Exclusive while building a new 911?

Edgy01 05-04-2010 05:08 PM

Give it a try--or talk to your salesman. I have found that over time "exclusive" to certain models options are soon available to everyone--at a price!

PogueMoHone 05-04-2010 05:40 PM

^
No, it can't!

winkingchef 05-04-2010 05:50 PM

That interior is superb, especially the seats.
Let me know how it turns out.

Wills 05-04-2010 05:50 PM

I would imagine the leather colour could be specced and all the leather panel options are on the config site, but the weave on the front seat facings may be a problem.

To me they gave the SC three things you can't replicate from a Porsche factory order.

1. The roof.
2. The leather weave on seat facings.
3. The rear bumper and exhaust.

But I guess it depends who you are and how good a customer you are.

Edgy01 05-04-2010 07:30 PM

If Pogue says no, then the answer is no.

Eric - Plug Guy 05-04-2010 08:27 PM

You might be able to achieve the seat weave after delivery - the center panels, if so desired, could be reworked by a local craftsman - some are as talented as factory - if you really had to have that look.

Rear bumper and exhaust will likely be available sooner from the various aftermarket tuners. Then the wheels will come too. So you'd only lack the bubble roof, and you'd have an extra 100 in your wallet for some fuel. :)

motobri 05-05-2010 02:03 AM

Since my dealer couldnt answer if I could order a Sport Classic Grey paint to sample 2011, I called Porsche in Germany & they told me that the color was locked for a couple of years, so Im guessing the interior color is also locked as well.

Call them & ask. Just remember the time difference.

Eric - Plug Guy 05-05-2010 04:42 PM

You can find another color that is likely dead on. Remember the Champion Car done in Man from Chile grey or some such color? There are hundreds of matches to it out there. If you can find a reasonable color you like from Mercedes, BMW, VW, Audi, etc.....go for that route, Paint To Sample.

kosmo 05-05-2010 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wills (Post 7540534)
I would imagine the leather colour could be specced and all the leather panel options are on the config site, but the weave on the front seat facings may be a problem.

To me they gave the SC three things you can't replicate from a Porsche factory order.

1. The roof.
2. The leather weave on seat facings.
3. The rear bumper and exhaust.

But I guess it depends who you are and how good a customer you are.

I think #3 will be avail on the GTS.

Wills 05-05-2010 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by kosmo (Post 7543860)
I think #3 will be avail on the GTS.

Jesus its worse than I thought then! I really like the idea of the GTS...