Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Post on Rennlist- Sport Bucket Seat Change-out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Twinspin
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Post on Rennlist- Sport Bucket Seat Change-out?

First post on this forum, but a long-term member of 6speed and a huge Porsche fan. Thanks for reading my post.

I recently purchased a 2009 C4s with the sport bucket seat (in leather) option. Life changes forces me to swap out my seats and solve for a factory solution (Standard or Sport Seat Option) that will allow me to use a car seat.

A very helpful member of 6speed suggested that I post my question here as well.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Here's the original 6speed post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a 2009 C4s Launch car with the leather Sport Bucket Seats and although I love them I need to swap for seats that will allow for a child seat

Does anyone know how hard it would be to swap out for Factory seats?

Anyone know where I could find Factory seats?

Any idea of the marketability of black leather sport buckets (1400 miles)

Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

The leather sport bucket seats cost about $6,500 new and tend to move quickly on the used market. With so few miles on them I'd expect you can get close to that amount for them.

Swapping for the non-bucket sport seats is a fairly simple process.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:33 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

assuming the seats have identical options (power, heat) it is 4 torx t-12 bolts at the floor plus the harnesses connectors. Piece of cake. But if you are going fron manual to power, you will have major expense with new harnesses etc. So try to find seats with an identical or lesser configuration and the install will be easy.
I don't see seats come up for sale very often (other than track seats) so you may have to buy new if timing is urgent.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:10 PM
atr911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will trade you my manual seats and they'll bolt right in. The launch sport buckets don't have power anything so options should be a match.

Of course I'll include some moolah to make the trade fair as well.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:49 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

It's an easy swap...
Old 02-11-2010, 07:45 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 79 Posts

Put the child seat in the back instead. While a rear-facing seat is a very tight fit back there, it can be done. Search the carseat/babyseat threads for pics, models, etc. Once your kid is old/big enough to face forward, carseat options multiply and you'll probably want them in the back seat anyway for safety. Sitting in back also avoids the entire airbag-deactivation issue.

Short version, don't sell your bucket seats. Worst case, if you HAVE to put the newborn up front, just buy (or borrow/rent from a track-junkie) a passenger side 997 seat only, then store your precious Sport Bucket seat for 12 months, them re-install it when you move the kid to the rear of the car.

You will hate yourself later if you sell your buckets now only to want them back in 12 months.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:23 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to help and suggest you post over here. Feel free to post my thoughts from the other forum and my PM. Also try the 997 GT3 and Racing / DE forums if you haven't already. This is a perfect fit for somebody in CA where both cars could be in the shop at the same time and the seats swapped over.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by quickxotica
Put the child seat in the back instead. While a rear-facing seat is a very tight fit back there, it can be done. Search the carseat/babyseat threads for pics, models, etc. Once your kid is old/big enough to face forward, carseat options multiply and you'll probably want them in the back seat anyway for safety. Sitting in back also avoids the entire airbag-deactivation issue.

Short version, don't sell your bucket seats. Worst case, if you HAVE to put the newborn up front, just buy (or borrow/rent from a track-junkie) a passenger side 997 seat only, then store your precious Sport Bucket seat for 12 months, them re-install it when you move the kid to the rear of the car.

You will hate yourself later if you sell your buckets now only to want them back in 12 months.
The one problem with the sport buckets is that the seat belt is threaded through the seat and this impeeds ingress to the rear.

But I still want to swop out my heated sport seats with Twinspin but being on the right coast it's a long shot!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Twinspin
AutoX

Thanks for the guidance and interest. I was able to swing a local deal.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Jeffkilly
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Twinspin,

I want to replace my Sport Bucket Seats with more adjustable seats. Can you tell me what your options were and what you wound up doing?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 10-05-2013, 11:50 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am in the market for really pristine sport buckets used or brand new. If you are serious about selling/replacing, please send me a PM. thank you
Old 10-05-2013, 11:53 PM
hs63gt3
Instructor

I have adaptive sports seats (heated) on my gt3(leather/alcantara)
lower part of both seats were replaced recently. so, basically lower parts of seats are brand new.
if you're interested in trading with your bucket seats, please pm me.
I'll send you some pics.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
I am in the market for really pristine sport buckets used or brand new. If you are serious about selling/replacing, please send me a PM. thank you
I think a guy is going to be selling a pair on the other forum. Check it out.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Jeffkilly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hs63gt3
I have adaptive sports seats (heated) on my gt3(leather/alcantara)
lower part of both seats were replaced recently. so, basically lower parts of seats are brand new.
if you're interested in trading with your bucket seats, please pm me.
I'll send you some pics.
Unfortunately from what I have learned from other Porsche owners, I need to get the manual seats with electric tilt back, which these cars are prewired for. I am not sure if the adaptive would be plug and play and I know the heat would not work. Lastly, I want black leather without alcantra.

I may just wind up selling the Sport Bucket seats and buying the seats I want. This saga continues..
Old 10-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Jeffkilly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Mr. Sullivan, You have a PM.

Quick Reply: First Post on Rennlist- Sport Bucket Seat Change-out?