Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Dension Firmware Update! (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/546998-dension-firmware-update.html)

Eric - Plug Guy 01-25-2010 05:12 PM

Dension Firmware Update!

Go to our LINKS page for the latest.

titleist1 01-25-2010 05:19 PM

Do you have a install option in Charlotte?

Eric - Plug Guy 01-25-2010 05:40 PM

Perry, just click the Dension logo and a pop up will appear (disable pop up blocking) asking if you want to save the file and how.....

Otherwise, email me. eric@bumperplugs.com

Jim, yes there are several installers in Charlotte for the Dension product. The firmware, however, is something users can easily do on their own with a USB thumb drive.

Email me anytime.

Graygoose997 01-25-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy (Post 7253566)
Perry, just click the Dension logo and a pop up will appear (disable pop up blocking) asking if you want to save the file and how.....Otherwise, email me. eric@bumperplugs.comJim, yes there are several installers in Charlotte for the Dension product. The firmware, however, is something users can easily do on their own with a USB thumb drive.
Email me anytime.

My bad.
Clicking on the logo started the download immediately
I had 4 copies before I knew it.
Ah...Mac's

Perry

alexb76 01-25-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by PTpeecar (Post 7253582)
My bad.
Clicking on the logo started the download immediately
I had 4 copies before I knew it.
Ah...Mac's

Perry

Guess u gotto start doing a new Mac vs. PC advertising! :)

Bruce R 01-26-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy (Post 7253566)
users can easily do on their own with a USB thumb drive.

OK so I've got the file on my thumb drive, now just plug it into the USB receiver in the car? Any other instructions? Car on/off, etc?

Thanks

Bruce

mmcmilla 01-27-2010 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce R (Post 7256377)
OK so I've got the file on my thumb drive, now just plug it into the USB receiver in the car? Any other instructions? Car on/off, etc?

Thanks

Bruce

Eric and Others, yes, I'm interested in the same question. Bought Dension unit in group buy from Eric about 2 months ago. Works great, but I haven't done any firmware update since installing out of the box. PCM display is relatively meaningless at this point, though everything works. If someone can "dumb down" the entire firmware upgrade process, I'd be grateful.

STATMAN 01-27-2010 03:13 AM

Guys, look at the README file included in the downloaded zip file :rtfm:

GATEWAY 500 UPDATE PROCEDURE:
=============================

Extract the G5MB_UPD.ROM file from the update package and copy to the root of an USB
flash drive, then connect the USB drive to the Gateway 500 while it is powered. If there
is an iPod connected to Gateway, please disconnect it before you connect the USB drive (flash drive).

Update procedure will start automatically within few seconds and takes approx. 1.5 minute.
Do not disconnect the USB drive within this time. After a successful update G5MB_UPD.ROM
is deleted from the USB drive and GW_EES.BIN file will appear with the new software wersion.

When finished, it is better to restart the Head Unit and the Gateway 500.
For Mercedes and Saab cars with text capable Head Unit text mode re-configuration is
necessary as part of the firmware upgrade. Find guidelines at "TEXT configuration" knowledge
base article / http://support.dension.com/support-c...root=12&id=111

Now it is safe to reconnect the iPod.

For more information read Knowledge Base or please open a support ticket from our website.

s4r 01-27-2010 07:16 AM

As noted above, open the readme file (remember those?). I don't think that it is possible to dumb it down any further than that.

mmcmilla 02-02-2010 03:32 AM

Is the Dension GW500 supposed to show artist/song in the PCM display? I am using my iPhone 3GS for my "iPod." If it's supposed to show, how do you do it? And what is the purpose of the CDs (1-6 with one or more "grayed out") you can select in the PCM? FYI, I've uploaded the latest firmware update and read the FAQs and manual on Dension's website.

ssit 02-03-2010 03:16 AM

Hi, has anyone able to get phone book sync to work with GW500+BTA1500 and Windows Mobile phone?

Steven

Eric - Plug Guy 02-03-2010 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by mmcmilla (Post 7275774)
Is the Dension GW500 supposed to show artist/song in the PCM display? I am using my iPhone 3GS for my "iPod." If it's supposed to show, how do you do it? And what is the purpose of the CDs (1-6 with one or more "grayed out") you can select in the PCM? FYI, I've uploaded the latest firmware update and read the FAQs and manual on Dension's website.

Email me.

eric@bumperplugs.com