Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Which colour for my wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 11:16 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 92 Posts

I believe it's more an issue of black absorbing light whereas white reflects it. dirt on the surface of a black wheel reflects light and the less dirty areas do not...thus the dirt stands out more on black than on a lgihter colour.

Brake dust however is likely a different issue relative to simple road dirt/grime.

M

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
whoa whoa WHOA, what??? seriously...that cant be true can it??? i know about the black car phenomena (ive owned 2...never again!) but cars are gloss black - whereas wheels are usu matte - and i would assume show more dirt because of that finish, right? point being i am finally close to buying a 2nd set of a wheels and i have settled on black. i love the look but ALSO because ive grown tired of the constant brake dust cleaning of my stock lobsters. i just fig'd matte black wheels wouldnt show it as much. ???
Old 01-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
and edgy...any updates on the fuchs "reloaded"? there's no design sketch or mock up that we can look at/that's been released yet...??
I'll check on releasing an image or two. Just heard today that they are in tooling now, so production should begin within a couple of weeks.

Break Break

GT Silver--I have a theory that Porsche decided upon GT Silver for the Carrera Sports in that they don't show brake dust nearly as much as the brighter silver wheels do. For me, with PCCBs, I don't even bother to wash my GT Silver Carrera Sports--I sort of wipe them off once a month.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Condor
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think matching the paint looks great.

... and brake dust is no bigger an issue than with lighter wheels.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Help! Which colour for my wheels?