Sponsored by:

Music Player Interface

Old 10-10-2009, 05:44 PM
keithwatson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Music Player Interface

Hello everyone,
My 07 C2S has a single CD player. Have given thought to doing Dension Gateway, but recently saw in Tequipment on Porsche website the Music Player Interface. Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of this part. I saw in another post that Eric at BumperPlugs describes it as merely an FM modulator. Any input would be appreciated as the one thing I really need is some way to play more music without switching CD's constantly.

Thanks
Old 10-10-2009, 06:04 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

The Porsche one is an Fm modulator, sound through PCM only. Get a Dension, or MObridge for full PCM control.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:13 AM
mObridge
Former Vendor

Lightbulb mObridge Group Buy (new 10/2009!)

Originally Posted by larrytrk
The Porsche one is an Fm modulator, sound through PCM only. Get a Dension, or MObridge for full PCM control.
Our obvious vote is for mObridge :-) Watch the Rennlist and 6SpeedOnline spaces for a new group buy offer.

BTW, the Techquipment piece apparently is no longer truly available though I'm sure you could find some New Old Stock (NOS) out there. However, as a previous poster pointed out, it's FM modulated (sucks!) and from my memory (as any Porsche dealer accessory), grossly overpriced for relatively little added value over a "good" store brand FM modulator.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Palmbeacher
Banned

FWIW I have a Garmin GPS that plays through the stereo and it has a slot for an SD card and will play MP3 using the GPS touchscreen interface. Sadly the Bluetooth is not compatible with my latest cellphone and Garmin is of no help there. Sound quality is good at least to me, the only issue is if I travel outside my local area I have to seek another frequency for the pair-up. I asked about installing an iPod and Bluetooth 'phone setup but the price was staggering. (Using a BlueAnt ST3 for the 'phone presently...lousy sound but works).
Old 10-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by mObridge
Our obvious vote is for mObridge :-) Watch the Rennlist and 6SpeedOnline spaces for a new group buy offer.

BTW, the Techquipment piece apparently is no longer truly available though I'm sure you could find some New Old Stock (NOS) out there. However, as a previous poster pointed out, it's FM modulated (sucks!) and from my memory (as any Porsche dealer accessory), grossly overpriced for relatively little added value over a "good" store brand FM modulator.
Mobridge rep: I sent you an note via your web site. I would like to get sat radio, blue tooth and ipod connectivity for my 07 911 w/o cd changer. Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Music Player Interface