Sponsored by:

Happiest Stolen Car Story

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:01 PM
bluedog111
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Come on guys.

You'll have to bash the 550i alot more than that to convince me to trade it in for a 911! It may work. I hope your persuasive powers are better than that!

Sincerely

Future 911 Owner
Old 08-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by At Law
I've had three BMW's over the years and each model change has
resulted in a significantly worse vehicle.

My last 5 Series ('07 530i) was a car I never liked looking at
or driving from the day I bought it. It felt and handled
like a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord.

In addition, you couldn't go three blocks without seeing one
just like yours.

Now they are so inexpensive on the used market,
anyone who needs transportation can get one.

The best BMW I had was my 1991 red 318is, manual, which I drove
in high school.

Farewell BMW.
Former owner of 4 BMWs myself: '88 325is, '92 535i, '98 M3, and '99 540i. But I could never bring myself to buy another one after the Bangle flame surface design trend became the rage at BMW. The Bangle Butt trend seems to be over now and BMWs are starting to look "right" again.

I know my wife wants to replace the Benz and get back into a BMW. While I wouldn't trade a BMW for a 911, I certainly feel that BMW is far better than MB when it comes to driving satisfaction.

OTOH, if one needs to haul around 3 kids like the op, a 911 is not the practical choice. But it sure is a heck of a lot more fun!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:37 PM
davtes
AutoX

Originally Posted by peterm
perhaps a different station car would be a good idea- the 997 may suffer the same fate

what station? metro north or lirr
I commute on Metro North and have the best parking spot ever...covered, cinder blocks on the left and right, and no one in front or back. Car does not get beat up at all, but the theft thing is certainly an issue. I previously had a station car, old Audi A4, but prefer not having the hassle of another car to deal with.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:42 PM
davtes
AutoX

Originally Posted by stubenhocker
How did they steal your car? A flatbed truck? I thought that unless you had the key these modern cars are hard to take.
The Greenwich Police said that cars are getting taken from the local lots by pros. Must be a flatbead. BMW's come with lojack, but there have been no hits on it. They either had it on a container ship or no how to dismantle the lojack. Apparently they replace the VIN with one from a totalled car and can get legitimate title for the car. Craziness.

Quick Reply: Happiest Stolen Car Story