997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rejex versus Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Hahahahah! When I can save enough for a patron....
Old 08-17-2009, 09:50 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 166 Posts

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a Newbie. For those of us who live in rock-infested areas (Colorado) and for whom ClearMask is thus a must, do these products either augment or damage the ClearMask?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by raspritz
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a Newbie. For those of us who live in rock-infested areas (Colorado) and for whom ClearMask is thus a must, do these products either augment or damage the ClearMask?
Not Zaino and I doubt any of the brands mentioned would effect a clear bra
Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I have heard some brands will polish the Clearbra. But I can remember which.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:07 PM
GraSox
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Default strip wax?

So do you have to strip the wax off before you use the rejex?
What would the process be to use this stuff?
Thanks!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:55 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

As long as your paint is clean should be no problem. Just do a Dove dishwashing wash on your car to strip old wax and apply Rejex.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 AM
CBnAT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for comparison here is my car with Zaino, it's Black though not Basalt. I also have full front clear bra.

I think they both look great.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

And mine with Rejex....

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 08-18-2009, 01:42 PM
lig
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last time I had my car detailed - they used Menzerna polishes + Rejex. It looked good but I was disappointed at the protection.

I know that Rejex has a reputation for killer protection but a bird decorated my car and I used qd to remove the droppings. Couldn't have been on the car for more than 30 mins (and it wasn't in direct sunlight)

Left etching that I did not expect having protection from Rejex on the paint.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:27 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

You must have the been the victim of the rare "rejex resistant" falcon.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lig
Last time I had my car detailed - they used Menzerna polishes + Rejex. It looked good but I was disappointed at the protection.

I know that Rejex has a reputation for killer protection but a bird decorated my car and I used qd to remove the droppings. Couldn't have been on the car for more than 30 mins (and it wasn't in direct sunlight)

If by "qd" you mean Quick Detailer, that would likely be a Carnauba, or does Rejex make a quick detailer?

I believe Rejex requires a second application after the first application "cures" (certainly overnight, but some say a week or two? then re-apply every few monts) I'm curious to hear from people with a "method" for getting results from Rejex, especially in terms of what they do to prep the paint (eg. Menzerna, clay bar, detergent stripping) or attend to whatever problems (bugs, tar, brake dust, etc.)

ref:
http://menzernausa.com/
http://www.rejex.com/rejex.html
http://www.autopia.org/
http://www.gloss-it.net/
Old 08-18-2009, 03:50 PM
waiting for PDK
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I use Rejex on my Volvo which is parked outside 24/7 in Chicago. I clay then polish the paint and apply two coats of Rejex. The car then sits inside a garage for 24 hours. (Rejex needs a day to cure and this is the only time my car is indoors all year.) I only do this once a year and the car looks great and the water beads just like on day one.

For those truly into keeping their cars better-than-showroom-shiny there may be better products. For my situation Rejex is fantastic. I used it on my old Porsche and will do the same on my next one.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:15 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

I don't do anything other than wash the car, and then apply the rejex. I am not into "concourse" events, so a few water spots here and there, are no big deal. I also believe I heard from someone that a) can apply Rejex over a previously waxed surface no problem, however, b) if you apply any wax over the Rejex surface you need to re-apply the rejex.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by lig

Rejex should be applied to the car with NOTHING else on it. So if they used some polish and left it on (likely) the Rejex would not have bonded to the clear correctly, and would have come off more easily. When you start with Rejex, the car should be waxless. Dawn Liquid wash once or twice, dry, Rejex.

My kids cars are all Rejexed, and we've had them sitting outside for years. Most of them have worn well, and show little if any damage from sap, bird poop, etc. They sit in hot sun, under trees, etc. I stay on them pretty hard, so they get cleaned up regularly when I can, but otherwise no major issues. Sure a spot or two on a five year old outside car is expected.

But if you apply correctly, then repeat in a week or two, just stay with it and it will build up a bit over time. I have no bug remains, bird poop or other stains, and the car is five years old. Paint is near flawless, 9/10.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:32 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Hmmm..sounds like I should have used the Dawn first...oh well, perhaps I'll review the process in a few weeks using the Dawn (since the who,e Rejex process is so darn easy)

Quick Reply: Rejex versus Zaino