Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mObridge install issues - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 05:38 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Question mObridge install issues - HELP!

Hi,

I will try to get some support tomorrow as yesterday was not quite helpful - I got original navigation and also mobridge unit installed yesterday.
Navigation works fine but Mobridge gives issues.

it establishes contact with ipod and i can pair my phone with it but PCM does not see it at all. On pressing tel button system responds - no telephone available, pressing CD twice for cd changer shows 'cd changer: no cd'.

optical ring is intact as if i unplug optical cable from mobridge unit i loose navigation, i can see light in cable, so it seems to be alive.

is there any mobridge guru here who can advice? i am trying to work with seller who sold me unit but he does not seem to know much on how to troubleshoot and supposes issue may be related to the fact that my car never had cd changer installed originally. mobridge support wasn`t quite helpful yet. may be i`ll get more help from them tomorrow as yesterday dealer could not even get in touch with them - calls were not returned.

Unit was originally for MBZ but seller says he re-flashed it for Porsche. My car is 997 C2 with PCM 2.1. Dealer tried all combinations with PIWIS to enable and disable components - nothing helped. I am not sure what to look at, unit obviously seems to be alive and powered up but PCM does not see it. Why?

I tried to place .ini file generated by wizard and .flf files on SD card, stopped and started car multiple times, did let it sleep - no use. Did not let try to use my notebook over bluetooth to configure mobridge directly...
Old 07-31-2009, 07:38 PM
GrahamML
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently had a mObridge unit put in my '06 C2S which did not have the factory CD changer either.

In order to get the unit to recognize my phone (Nokia E51) I had to go through the Bluetooth settings in the phone to get it to find the mObridge connection, make the connection, etc. There was no set-up to do in the mObridge unit at all - all in the phone. Works great. Access to phone directory on phone, etc.

iPod - I had the same issue with my 160G iPod. It was too much for the unit in regards to memory or somthing. I then plugged in my nano and have had no issues. I did make sure the Nano had the latest SW version loaded as well. It took a few minutes to play around with the interface to understand how to get to music via artist, album, etc. The interface does move slowly at times, so once you push a button for a function you may have to wait 3-10 sec for it to respond. I was impatient a few times and I am sure that added time to my learning experience.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:22 PM
allanb888
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have exactly the same situation with a 2005 997 carrera S with CD changer, and a mobridge unit set up for Mercedes. I get the same response with Ipod and telephone. An email from Mobridge tech help suggested that I get an installer to run the install wizard to reconfigure for Porsche, which I assume requires the special installer cable that plugs into the Ipod connection and a laptop. It was also suggested that the Porsche electronics needs to be reconfigured as not having a CD changer. Does anyone know if there Is any way the Mobridge reconfigure can be done using a laptop bluetooth connection?
Old 03-07-2010, 07:10 PM
pt767
Instructor

It was also suggested that the Porsche electronics needs to be reconfigured as not having a CD changer. Does anyone know if there Is any way the Mobridge reconfigure can be done using a laptop bluetooth connection?[/QUOTE]

The car has to configured by the dealer if you don't have the CD changer. I tried installing mine myself. I got it to work but didn't like the install in the front of the car by the Nav unit. I took the car to a professional installer who installed the unit behind the PCM with the ipod mounted cleanly in the glove box. The installer (Jamey Rawlings) knew the local dealer who let him configure the car with their computer. The Dension is a great unit & would recommend it to anyone who wants the ipod/blue tooth experience in their pcar. Don't give up!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by allanb888
I have exactly the same situation with a 2005 997 carrera S with CD changer, and a mobridge unit set up for Mercedes. I get the same response with Ipod and telephone. An email from Mobridge tech help suggested that I get an installer to run the install wizard to reconfigure for Porsche, which I assume requires the special installer cable that plugs into the Ipod connection and a laptop. It was also suggested that the Porsche electronics needs to be reconfigured as not having a CD changer. Does anyone know if there Is any way the Mobridge reconfigure can be done using a laptop bluetooth connection?
As of PIWIS coding - yes, CD changer should be coded off, I beleive.

It is exactly how I reconfigured mine - over bluetooth.
So, hint: take your phone away. You do not want anything else to try to pair with mobridge while you trying to pair it with your notebook. Also - you need to make sure optical ring is alive but mobridge preferably not active - experiment a bit, i already forgot what was best combination of parameters in my case to make sure it keeps this bluetooth conection long enough. it is glitchy.

Pairing process it somewhat glitchy. I bet it will take you some time to figure out how to pair with mobridge into COM port and then feed this port to mobridge software without loosing that connection but believe me - it is possible. But you will have to be quick - navigating to config page and changing it to 'Porsche'.

Or you can try to find old 1GB (not bigger) flash card - erase everything from it and put proper configuration file on it - but for me this way never worked, I do not know why.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:10 PM
allanb888
AutoX

To clarify my software problem;

I downloaded the Mobridge install wizard, with the intention to to try to use my notebook over Bluetooth to configure Mobridge directly. This software would allow the unit to be reconfigured to Porsche from the original Mercedes setup. I can install the program OK on the computers, but when I run the program file on a number of computers, I get a Windows XP error message. I have downloaded the file a number of times using Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

The Mobridge install Wizard (needed to reconfigure to Porsche) is different from the firmware upgrade files having a .fif extension. The firmware files can be uploaded by inserting a memory card in the Mobridge slot. But the reconfiguration can't be done this way.

I am able to establish a bluetooth connection with the Mobridge.

I can't work out why my Mobridge Wizard file won't run on any of my computers? Can you tell me exactly step by step how you reconfigured your Mobridge over Bluetooth?
Old 03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

To clarify my software problem;

I downloaded the Mobridge install wizard, with the intention to to try to use my notebook over Bluetooth to configure Mobridge directly. This software would allow the unit to be reconfigured to Porsche from the original Mercedes setup. I can install the program OK on the computers, but when I run the program file on a number of computers, I get a Windows XP error message. I have downloaded the file a number of times using Mozilla and Internet Explorer.

The Mobridge install Wizard (needed to reconfigure to Porsche) is different from the firmware upgrade files having a .fif extension. The firmware files can be uploaded by inserting a memory card in the Mobridge slot. But the reconfiguration can't be done this way.

I am able to establish a bluetooth connection with the Mobridge.

I can't work out why my Mobridge Wizard file won't run on any of my computers? Can you tell me exactly step by step how you reconfigured your Mobridge over Bluetooth?
OK.

I am not sure how and why is it so but on my notebook software I run is named 'mObridge Update Wizard'. Version I have is 1.0.13.0.

I think I got it from mobridge web site. I have windows XP as well and install very simple.
http://www.mobridgeinc.com/downloads - last link for 'update wizard'.

As you start this wizard on next screen you have radio button selections so you choose 'Bluetooth'. Then on next screen I never have anything in 'Select your interface' window so I mark 'Use bluetooth COM port' and choose port I used to pair with mObridge earlier.

Looking at my bluetooth connections I made earlier I see service used is 'Blues API1'. Mapped to port COM5 and 'auto connect=on'.

That is pretty much all about it. In my case I had this connection to break often if mobridge is activated to play and to pair with phone, so, do some experiments to find out in what conditions it keeps this connection alive for long enough time. but it is possible to reconfigure it this way for sure as I did it and later used same method to adjust microphone sensitivity.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:41 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

I just noted they have new version of update wizard - 1.1.0.0.
I just got it downloaded and installed, no errors.

As of establishing connection to mobridge - I guess trick was to turn on PCM but not on CD changer, just to radio, so it would wake up mobridge but it would be inactive.

if you downloaded update wizard you can see from radio buttons selection an option 'memory card'. that one will generate configuration file which also should work - disconnect power from mobridge (pull out cable), put file on completely blank memory card from software, insert card into mobridge and plug it in. theoretically it should also work but it never worked for me as I was told card should be an old one less or equal to 1GB in size and all cards I had were 2gb+.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:48 PM
allanb888
AutoX

Thanks for all your advice.

My main problem is that I can't get the Mobridge Wizard program to run on any of my 6 computers that use Windows XP. I can download the Wizard, it will install on each computer OK, but every time I actually run the program, I get a Windows XP error message "Flash Update Wizard has encountered a problem and has to close". Any suggestions? Do I have to run it on a Vista or Windows 7 computer? Since I can establish the Blue tooth connection between PC and Mobridge OK, I think that there is a good chance that I can do the Porsche reconfiguration, if I can just get the Wizard program to run.

I emailed Mobridge about this, but they say on their website that they won't provide support for Windows problems. They didn't reply to me on this issue.

UTKINPOL can you see if the program actually runs on your computer. I was able to install the downloaded file OK on all 6 computers, but the program won't run.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:57 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all your advice.

My main problem is that I can't get the Mobridge Wizard program to run on any of my 6 computers that use Windows XP. I can download the Wizard, it will install on each computer OK, but every time I actually run the program, I get a Windows XP error message "Flash Update Wizard has encountered a problem and has to close". Any suggestions? Do I have to run it on a Vista or Windows 7 computer? Since I can establish the Blue tooth connection between PC and Mobridge OK, I think that there is a good chance that I can do the Porsche reconfiguration, if I can just get the Wizard program to run.

I emailed Mobridge about this, but they say on their website that they won't provide support for Windows problems. They didn't reply to me on this issue.

UTKINPOL can you see if the program actually runs on your computer. I was able to install the downloaded file OK on all 6 computers, but the program won't run.
It is weird that you get this error, I tried to run this update wizard on 2 different notebooks with windows xp and it worked fine. I am not sure what can the reason there. why not - it should run on vista or win7 just fine as well I guess. try to reinstall windows and try to run it on a fresh copy. it should work.

did you try to email mobridge support? they are pretty responsive usually.

BTW why do you say 'flash update wizard'? it is not flash. what do you run exactly? it has to be this one:
http://www.mobridgeinc.com/Wizard

it does not say anything about 'flash'. it is mobridge update wizard. are you sure we speak about same wizard? did you check?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:38 PM
allanb888
AutoX

Default Mobridge help

I am sure that I am running the correct program, as per Mobridge site.
Now that I know that it runs on your computer, I will try it on someone
elses notebook. It may be something to do with my version of Windows XP.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:49 AM
allanb888
AutoX

The problem is now solved.

Mobridge tech help answered my initial installation query, but did not answer a couple of emails reporting that the setup Wizard won't run on at least 6 computers that I tried. I now know that the set up Wizard version that was available for download initially (version 1.1.1) was faulty. After a week of trying, I went back to the website, and an older software version was displayed (version 1.1.0), which I downloaded, and ran successfully.

For everyone's information, the setup Wizard software once it is executed, gives 3 options for downloading your selected setup to the Mobridge unit - installer cable, bluetooth, or SD card. I used the latter. So it is not necessary to have an installer cable.

I have not reconfigured the Porsche PIWIS software removing the CD stacker. Everything still runs fine,
but an error message shows everytime the car is started, that no CD stacker is found. After acknowledging this by pressing the right side rotary ****, everything works fine. I will reconfigure PIWIS later.

I have now looked at the Mobridge website download section today, and a later version of the Wizard
software is offered (version 1.1.2). I hope that this information may help future DIY installers. I would suggest that Mobridge offer more detailed instructions, especially in regard to reconfiguring for different cars.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:21 AM
Thanath
1st Gear

Hi Guys,

I bought a used Mobridge A2010 and did the installation, however I have the following problems :
Although there is 12 v power to the unit and light on the most connector, the iPod charge is going on and off every 2 seconds.
The unit does not save a text file in the sd card so I am not sure it configures properly for a Porsche car. (955 cayenne with PCM 2.0)
As a result, the PCM does not recognize the unit and I have a message cd not connected.
Any ideas ? Is it the case the unit is defective ?

Thanks,

Thanos

Quick Reply: mObridge install issues - HELP!