wow Boo, that's cold!
That is quite cold for a P-Car enthusiast; and who is that
bar fly on your avatar?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:25 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala
I'm seriously glad that you got your shiny new car back.

Having said that, there are several groups of people who I will never be able to "understand." 1) golfers 2) photographers who are obssessive about getting just the right angle and lighting in their pics and 3) people who obssess about every tiny detail about something as utterly mundane as a friggin car.
Kind of like a physician who feels his surgical procedures are good enough I guess. Ah, this patient is so mundane.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 AM
Sadiq
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having said that, there are several groups of people who I will never be able to "understand." 1) golfers 2) photographers who are obssessive about getting just the right angle and lighting in their pics and 3) people who obssess about every tiny detail about something as utterly mundane as a friggin car.
no
Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

I'm seriously glad that you got your shiny new car back.Having said that, there are several groups of people who I will never be able to "understand."
1) golfers
What are your hobbies, interests, passions?

2) photographers who are obssessive about getting just the right angle and lighting in their pics and
Sounds like there's a story behind this.

3) people who obssess about every tiny detail about something as utterly mundane as a friggin car.
Why do you post on this forum? dave
Old 06-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Fred2
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala View Post
3) people who obssess about every tiny detail about something as utterly mundane as a friggin car.
Originally Posted by mvd

Why do you post on this forum? dave
My theory on this is that there are two types of Porsche (or Ferrari, Lambroghini etc) owners.

1 - The ones that like to DRIVE sports cars for the feel of the car.

2 - Those that like to be SEEN in expensive cars. Having a 100K+ car that you say you don't care about is a way of flaunting your wealth.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:04 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred2
My theory on this is that there are two types of Porsche (or Ferrari, Lambroghini etc) owners.

1 - The ones that like to DRIVE sports cars for the feel of the car.

2 - Those that like to be SEEN in expensive cars. Having a 100K+ car that you say you don't care about is a way of flaunting your wealth.
That theory's as flawed as a three dollar bill.

What happened to that large majority who OBSESS about every tiny detail? The subject of the referenced post?

Oh yeah.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Spoken like a man without a passion for any hobby or interest. You do realize the car you're driving is the result of endless obessession by a team of capable engineers?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Fred2
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
That theory's as flawed as a three dollar bill.

What happened to that large majority who OBSESS about every tiny detail? The subject of the referenced post?

Oh yeah.
Group 1
Old 06-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Sadiq
Pro

Group 1
yea i understood the obsessive guys to be in group 1
Old 06-23-2009, 11:47 AM
OCBen
Banned

Group 1
Originally Posted by Sadiq
yea i understood the obsessive guys to be in group 1
Guys, you haven't been paying attention in this forum.

Your Group 1 as you defined it is a drivers group - those who prefer to drive their cars instead of obsess over it like those in that larger group who are detail fanatics and concours type who will never put their precious cars on the track.

Here, I'll help you. You can legitimately make the claim that there are three major groups of owners of sports cars.

1. Drivers - those who care more about the feel of a sports car and who are likely to be track guys - not afraid of picking up a scratch or two if it means more fun behind the wheel.

2. Concours guys - owners who obsess about every little detail and who seldom drive their cars, being more interested in showing them off at car shows.

3. Poseurs
Old 06-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Sadiq
Pro

Guys, you haven't been paying attention in this forum.

Your Group 1 as you defined it is a drivers group - those who prefer to drive their cars instead of obsess over it like those in that larger group who are detail fanatics and concours type who will never put their precious cars on the track.

Here, I'll help you. You can legitimately make the claim that there are three major groups of owners of sports cars.

1. Drivers - those who care more about the feel of a sports car and who are likely to be track guys - not afraid of picking up a scratch or two if it means more fun behind the wheel.

2. Concours guys - owners who obsess about every little detail and who seldom drive their cars, being more interested in showing them off at car shows.

3. Poseurs
fair enough. though i think enough of us are in groups 1 and 2 to call it a single group.

edit: i mean besides the parts that contradict each other, obvi
Old 06-23-2009, 12:00 PM
OCBen
Banned

fair enough. though i think enough of us are in groups 1 and 2 to call it a single group.

edit: i mean besides the parts that contradict each other, obvi
What about the poseurs? I'm sure they like the feel and handling of a sports car. So add them to the group as well.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Sadiq
Pro

What about the poseurs? I'm sure they like the feel and handling of a sports car. So add them to the group as well.
actually i must disagree on that point - "poseurs" would probably never drive the car in any way that reveals its feel and handling.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:06 PM
OCBen
Banned

actually i must disagree on that point - "poseurs" would probably never drive the car in any way that reveals its feel and handling.
The point is, is that his breakdown of owners into those two groups is flawed. Mainly because drivers - track guys - are very different from the obsessive concours guys. And that was the point. They are totally different in their objectives in ownership.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Sadiq
Pro

The point is, is that his breakdown of owners into those two groups is flawed. Mainly because drivers - track guys - are very different from the obsessive concours guys. And that was the point. They are totally different in their objectives in ownership.
i forget what we were talking about... i like donuts

Quick Reply: Cars Trashed at Sheraton