Sponsored by:

Lease question

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 12:32 PM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lease question

I have been considering a 2009 C2S former PCNA car with 2k miles. The dealer has quoted me a 2yr lease price based on a sale price of 74k. The deal is 659/mo plus 5k down and ttt. I always roll everything into monthly, so figure 867 plus ttt. I asked about a three year lease. I was told that the lease cost would BE HIGHER for 36 months comapred to 24 months due to residual...This is counterintuitive to any other leasse i have considered when shopping 24 vs. 36 months. We all know what PFS is offering number wise so who can tell me what gives. This is being leased as a "new car" since it has never been titled. If i buy it outright, it is a screaming deal at 74k
Old 05-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 150 Posts

I'd think long and hard about buying a "former PCNA car", which typically means 'press car', at any price. Consider that all 2k of those miles (the break-in period) were probably spent beating the snot out of it to get the best 0-60 time.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:03 PM
bbrc76
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I expect stoppy will have the answer.

my initial guess would be a difference in the "money factor" (the interest rate) - the rate for a 36 month is higher, as they simply looking to get cars off the lot via shorter term lease, hoping the economy will get better in the next 2 years.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:29 PM
stevebmd
Racer

i think you are right
Old 05-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

1) former PCNA cars are not lauch cars. Even if the car IS in fact a PCNA car and not 'just a launch car' it's driven ONLY by 'big upper managment' of PCNA; not regional managers.

2) If it's a Launch car, it's more then likely in great shape. No worries.

3) The money factors are exactly the same for 24 as they are 36. The residuals are less for 36 - because- the car is worth LESS after 3 years then 2 years.

4) Steve, my suggestion to you would be to pay zero cap cost reduction and just 'deal' with the payment that you're quoted. Meaning:

You pay:
1st months payment
PFS Acq fee
Doc Fee
REg Fee's
Taxes

That's it. No cap cost reduction. Remain as liquid as possible. My .02 cents worth- UNLESS there is a specific reason for it: Example would be getting out of a trade in and exceeding the total amount allowable tobe financed.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:29 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
1) former PCNA cars are not lauch cars. Even if the car IS in fact a PCNA car and not 'just a launch car' it's driven ONLY by 'big upper managment' of PCNA; not regional managers.
I would have to disagree on the "big upper management" comment and rephrase it to be PCNA employee.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by BSL
I would have to disagree on the "big upper management" comment and rephrase it to be PCNA employee.
Really? So just any PCNA employee drives a 911?

I'm sure Michael Bartsch would love to hear about that.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

And btw if you're going to just disagree, why don't you give us an example rather then just tossing in your own .02 cents worth.

EVERY Dealer in the United States recieved at least 1 Launch Car. Unless a Launch Car was Stamped on the original Window Sticker "for PNCA use ONLY" it still doesn't answer the question.

Only the dealer and the rep and/or who ever used that car knows what it's true destination was. It could have just sat at the port b/c the dealership whom it was assinged sucks so much at selling cars they begged PCNA to just 'keep' it at the port.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:12 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Sounds like a killer deal even it's not 'new'. You have the warranty and get to turn it back in after only two years. Buy it at the end of the lease if you still love it.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:47 PM
stevebmd
Racer

If the car has been punched, what should the mf be....
Old 05-20-2009, 07:56 PM
jlinmd
Racer

Kinda like the Mercedes Exec cars right?

I say go for it Steve. Lease it for two years and forget about it. You pay a lower monthly payment and you have the factory warranty to back you up. Chris is right. Don't put anything down on a lease. If you drive that car off of the lot and get into an accident, you just lost that $5k that you put towards a car that you don't own and...drive.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

sounds like real cheap lease #'s to me... even with screaming deal leases i checked came above 1k for non S.. and sticker was 71...

how does a C2S @ 74 come in at 659+5k +++ ? means they are saying its worth 54 in 2 years.. seems high.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:50 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

man....that seems like an unbelievable deal...are you sure its not a lease on a Boxster? Man, the economy must really be in the ****ter...My lease is well into the 4 digits/month on an '08 S nicely loaded sheat! I say lease the mo fo immediately before they come to their senses its a lease so, even if they beat the crap out of it for 2K miles...who gives a "cra-
Old 05-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by rijowysock
sounds like real cheap lease #'s to me... even with screaming deal leases i checked came above 1k for non S.. and sticker was 71...

how does a C2S @ 74 come in at 659+5k +++ ? means they are saying its worth 54 in 2 years.. seems high.
Who CARES?! The risk is on THEM; not you!

Jesus Christ guys, what's next? Question whether or not Porsche's are being shipped on proper trucks? Is the paint too THICK? Is the air, the damn things suck in- good enough? Or, in this case, bad enough to where you think it should affect the residual value and money factor?

Sorry to throw some punches, but it wasn't that long ago before some of you were paying FULL friggin sticker for these cars- and getting bitch slapped not only on trade in value but the whole damn transaction.

Just pay attention to whats going on in the world, and in this case- Germany;. Porsche isn't going to be offering great deals in 2010 and some of you guys will be left on the bench, while the rest of the team not only wins the championship, but they get to keep the prize.

Steve, drive the car again. If not; then you don't understand what you're getting. You were going to pay about $1200+++ for a car like that and now.....lol.......well..... And these f**king dealerships should be kissing my *** and mailing me a check helping close their damn deals.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:45 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Really? So just any PCNA employee drives a 911?

I'm sure Michael Bartsch would love to hear about that.

Sorry Chris, but if they choose (and yes, there are some cut-offs). Below is a pic of my old 911... Note that this car was also sold as new, although it did have a lot of disclosures (for obvious reasons).

I can count 5 in our parking lot at this time. Michael really isn't a fan of mine after a conversation we had regarding the Panamera today, so probably not good to call him.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Lease question