Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone P Car Owners own a Ferrari or Lamborghini in the past (2000 or newer?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:05 PM
1crazy canuck
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My personal experience is that the G is more comparable to a 360.... The LP560-4 is what I would compare to a standard 430 coupe, and the Scud is in a league all it's own.

Ferrari and Lambo for that matter have improved significantly on reliability -- and the Murci & on Lambos are fairly relaiable -- particularly now with Porsche owning them

355's had costly engine out services.... The 355 is the 993 of the F world...not crazy fast by today's standards but still a hell of a classic car in it's final years

The 430 has no engine out services to deal with and a timing chain which on the 360 was a pricey timing belt service/repair.

The G is reatively appliance like..In the words of Jeremy Clarkson "It's like driving a big Audi TT".

I have to agree -- my 997 S is much more fun to drive in some ways than my G was. The G would have been straight line faster - but seat of the pants fun to drive factor I would have to hand over to the 997.

If there is one area where Lambo has Ferrari beat it's the motorized front end lift for speed bumps -- This is a feature every Ferrari should have. - but the only Ferrari that has it is the Enzo.

This all brings me back to Porsche -- having owned the Italian marks the 430 is the king of all of these, hands down ... but for a car to live with everyday ?--- 997

Quick Reply: Anyone P Car Owners own a Ferrari or Lamborghini in the past (2000 or newer?)