Sponsored by:

Footprints option on PCM3

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Greg P
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Footprints option on PCM3

Anybody know exactly what the footprints checkbox does on the nav setup of PCM3. I thought it might store a trace of where my vehicle has been over the previous period. I can't find any reference in the manual to it at all in the Nav section, or perhaps I am just going blind.
Also I've noticed some condensation in the centres of BOTH rear light clusters. Never had this on any previous 911's. Any other gen 2 owners experiencing this ?

Last edited by Greg P; 02-17-2009 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Missed a bit
Old 02-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The breadcrumb trail on the map display is what I'd expect it to be. I've not tested it though.

The manuals leave a LOT of stuff out of them that one as to gleen indirectly (like that the TP checkbox on the display is the 'Traffic Program' turned on/off to detect and switch to traffic news in areas where that is broadcast using the RDS/RBDS system for radio broadcast.

Then other thing is the manual frequently provides too many instances, and thus confusion about features.

Assume you know NOTHING about the cars at all and try and figure out what you should inflate your tire pressures to. I think I came up with 3 different values, all based on what the manual indicated I should do at various points in the manual: 1) Go by the pressure plate (1 set of values) 2) Go by the +/- indicators from the TPMS system when the tires are cold and car stationary (that uses computer input data on tire size and nature) and 3) a page in the book that said for this model use these pressures. And all 3 gave me different pressures to be using.

Manual writing... boy that is one thing Porsche has not at all gotten its hands around.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Sub
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

I read in the brochure that the car comes with pc software for your computer to load this data in, but its beyond me how you get the data out..
Old 02-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

USB Pen Drive
Old 02-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 131 Posts

In Gen I the PCM (with Extended Navigation) will record your driving route. I suspect Gen II will have a similar feature. See photo:
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Footprints option on PCM3