Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   PCM3 Bluetooth HFP + Phonebook Transfer Compatibility List (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/480905-pcm3-bluetooth-hfp-phonebook-transfer-compatibility-list.html)

Minok 02-05-2009 07:27 PM

PCM3 Bluetooth HFP + Phonebook Transfer Compatibility List

Given the small list of phones on Porsche's official list and the uselessness of Verizon Wireless sales outlets in answering this question, I'd like to start this as a collector thread for people who own a PCM3 bluetooth phone installed car, that have successfully used their phone in bluetooth mode to do phone book transfer and hands free calling (ie got BOTH things to work) to post here the make and model of their phone and the provider.

If, on the other hand, you can confirm that a specific phone/provider does NOT provide phonebook transfer capability (since this seems to still be the vague bit), that is usefull too (but please make it clear your post is a phone that DOES NOT WORK).

I'll kick it off:

Verizon Wireless / Samsung a930
DOES NOT WORK FOR Phonebook Transfer: :grr: (site owners :thumbdown: should also be supported)
Does work for hands free calling : :thumbup:

GreggT 02-05-2009 07:44 PM

Great idea.
Yep, 23 phones listed on the pub but it's dated info and any single provider is only going to have a few of them.
I have a VE20 Moto coming with a 30 day trial (replaces the KRZR K1 listed in the pub) .... Downloading Moto's manual on the VE20 I see 9 or 10 profiles supported (inc Hands Free and Phone Book Access). I'll give it a spin and report back.
The CDMA provider for that phone here is US Cellular.

Mark618 02-05-2009 10:52 PM

Does the iphone 3G Work ?

19_hole 02-06-2009 07:17 AM

I have been able to get the following to do both HFP and Phonebook transfer:

Blackberry Curve 8320 / T-Mobile
Blackberry World Phone 8830 / Verizon
Blackberry Storm 9530 / T-Mobile
Motorola V3 / T-Mobile

Minok 02-06-2009 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by GreggT (Post 6255357)
Downloading Moto's manual on the VE20 I see 9 or 10 profiles supported

This is one reason I'm asking for actual experience to validate it does work. For my Samsung a930, the Verizon Wireless bluetooth car kit capability chart lists the phone as having phone book transfer capability.. the catch being that this is entirely wrong, since it lists it with a version of the firmware that isn't available or acknowledged to exist by either Verizon Wireless nor Samsung.

GreggT 02-23-2009 12:17 PM

VE20 Moto RAZR (replaces the KRZR K1 listed in the Porsche pub).
Avail from U.S. Cellular and others.

Appears to work perfect......all functions that I have tested so far including quick sync & display of all Phone Book data.

Adam2S 04-01-2009 07:52 PM

HTC Touch Dual - works perfect.

Getting a HTC Touch HD within a month will update then.

jcnesq 04-01-2009 08:44 PM

Mentioned above, but I confirm my VZW Blackberry Storm transferred flawlessly. In fact, I was really just playing with it and wasn't actually ready to transfer my phonebook of over 1,000 contacts, but transfer it I did with the touch of a button. I have the Bluetooth set so when I jump in the car it connects automatically, and everyone says the speaker phone works great. I have even discovered if I am talking on my handset and turn the car on, it switches over to the PCM system automatically, and vice versa.

JohnAMG 04-01-2009 08:49 PM

I hope the LG Dare is compatible. I have question for you guys. When the phonebook gets downloaded, does the phonebook stays permanently? Or it is download every time the phone pairs with the PCM? Thanks.

John

MJones 04-01-2009 08:50 PM

Here you will find detailed information on how to connect your mobile phone to the PCM or the CDR-30 via Bluetooth®. and Compatibility list for Bluetooth®mobile phones
CLICK ME

Coochas 04-01-2009 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mark618 (Post 6255999)

No problems,....works shockingly well.

jfr0317 04-01-2009 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Coochas (Post 6443431)
No problems,....works shockingly well.

Likewise with my iPhone 3G and AT&T.

Adam2S 04-02-2009 03:17 PM

I know this is a HFP compatibility list but Ive today tried my HTC Touch Dual (windows mobile 6) with the SAP bluetooth option. As stated above everything works a dream on HFP but it is of course limited in its functionality.

Got everything working with SAP except the phonebook! That said after I had left the dealership is dawned on me that SAP is Sim Access Protocol and I dont use SIM contacts so I suspect that might be to blame. Have copied my contacts to the SIM and will try again tomorrow and update you here it works.

SAP is much better than HFP if your phone is compatible and you can get it to work!

Minok 04-02-2009 04:44 PM

Certainly if you are using SAP, then its all about whats on the SIM, if you are not using a SIM phonebook then there is nothing to transfer/access.

SAP is probably the best way to go, but given the US market insistence of some carriers to stick with CDMA, and those carriers are the ones I need for network connectivity reasons, I didn't have that option.

wwilliams88 04-02-2009 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mark618 (Post 6255999)

Both iPhone 3G and original iPhone work fine via Bluetooth for handsfree calling with the PCM3, including the phone book transfers