Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint Protection Film Removal anyone?

Old 02-07-2009, 12:20 AM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gota911
He is in Eurpoe and unfortunately for them, they get only 2 years of factory warranty so his '05 is no longer under warranty.
I never knew that. Is this typical thoughout Europe? Man, that realy sux for our friends across the lake. Why is the warranty period so much shorter? I mean, they already pay a a lot more then we do...
Old 02-07-2009, 01:45 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by adfsouth
I never knew that. Is this typical thoughout Europe? Man, that realy sux for our friends across the lake. Why is the warranty period so much shorter? I mean, they already pay a a lot more then we do...
I am not sure why their warranty period is shorter. It is for 2 years and unlimited mileage. However, they can purchase CPO extensions. Here is a link from the UK site about the warranty versus the USA warranty.

Porsche UK Warranty

Porsche USA Warranty
Old 02-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you've nevver delt with paint protection film, my advise is to let the installers or dealer assist you in removal and re-application.

You do not want to overheat the paint with a heat gun or hair dryer so it's best to seek advise and spend the money to have it done correctly.

It's a great time to have all stone chips etc touched up. Make sure that too is done correctly so the touchup does not lift off or move if it's under a filmed area.

Regards,
Deanski

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paint Protection Film Removal anyone?