Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 997 PDK is nice - Anyone used Ipod with with Universal Audio Control,

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:24 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default New 997 PDK is nice - Anyone used Ipod with with Universal Audio Control,

Sold Cayman S few months back, Test drove 911 PDK with Sport Chrono- Nice

1) Had a Cayman S before and it was amazing handler but got tired of
A) 6 speed manual in traffic - I like dual clutches better- personal preference
B) Claustorbic feel due to no space behind seats
C) less grunt/power

Got a chance to test drive new 911 with pDK and Sport chrono in Sport mode

The PDK in sport is so well done and engine power, torque and grunt are spot on in the new 911 base
1) Loved the 911 handling, I am not an expert but 911 with engine at back felt stable, special and responsive- The smile factor was huge and ofcourse CS had made me smile but 911 is more fun IMHO
2) The 911 felt more special than CS
3) The touch screen looks very nice and rear led's are slick
4) The PDk wheel is thick with a nice feel good factor
5) One gets used to PDK switches in a few hours, I had no problems . The PDK in sport mode is awesome and may not require M mode always. THE PDK shifts are super fast, PDK is more responsive than BMW m3 DCT
6) The sunroof was a treat too

May consider getting the new 911 Base ; few questions
1) Anyone used Ipod with with Universal Audio Control? and can Ipod be fully controlled?
2) Bose worth it?
3) wll get these options A)Black Adaptive sport seats B) PDK C) Sport Chrono D) Rear center console black E) dimming mirros F) Blue tooth G) Heated seats and wheel

Exterior color: debating between black /carrara white/Metero grey;
Old 10-06-2008, 07:40 PM
PeterC4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I drove it too

I also test drove the new 997 with PDK and concur with your comments. That transmission, and the car itself is outstanding.

I drove an S with Sport Chrono, but based on what I read, the base car is quite good and has to be a consideration. I imagine the iPod adapter is as good as any you'd find in modern cars. I think the Bose stereo in this version is much improved, but I wasn't paying much attention to it. As to colour, I think Carrera White is making a big comeback.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:24 AM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried my iPhone with the universal ipod connector, and I was able to use the touch screen to search the music by playlist, artist, and album. It's pretty good, IMHO.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:26 AM
19_hole
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used my Ipod (ITouch) in one of the launch cars without any issues. I had full control via the PCM touchscreen.

The Bose choice is very much debated here. People with the need for very high end audio really do not like it and have no issue with stating that fact. I have the Bose system in my 2005 997 and it was better than the stock system. The Bose system in the new 997.2 is much better than the original.

I have ordered both the UAC and the Bose in my new 997.2 (build complete date 27 Oct.)
Old 10-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you ever plan on trading in the car- do NOT get the car w/o BOSE. Everyone asks for that option. FYI.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
if you ever plan on trading in the car- do NOT get the car w/o BOSE. Everyone asks for that option. FYI.

So that just reinforces that the average Porsche buyer is an idiot who would pay a huge chunk of change for a marginally better audio system.

I'm not saying the Bose is crap, it is better than stock, but it is NOT so much better as to justify the huge price it demands. Its a marginal improvement with a big sticker price.

If it really matters at trade in (I keep hearing that options are wasted money at trade) buy some silver stickers that say "Porsche Premier Audio" or some stuff, and glue them to the door panels.

Quick Reply: New 997 PDK is nice - Anyone used Ipod with with Universal Audio Control,