Sponsored by:

OMG - She said Yes update

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Topless in Temecula
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile OMG - She said Yes update

After some help from Ken (thanks) I have decided to get a 2007 Tagrga4S - but to wait another 12 to 18 months. My logic (I hate being a "numbers" guy) was: 1. My "pristine" 993 (nearly stock except for chip) isn't going to depreciate much more at this point.
2. The 997 seems to be listed now for $69k to about $80k - but will probably depreciate another $20k or so in the next two years as miles go up a little and the '11 models come out.
3. My "gap" right now is probably at least $35 to $40k over my car plus sales tax on the whole enchilada (sorry this is CA).
4. I can upgrade the stero in my car for a grand or so and enjoy it for a while longer - it doesn't need much as I am **** about maintenance, detailing, etc.
5. In another 18 months (+/-) my gap may be down to $20k.
So thanks for everyone's comments -I'll keep you posted on when I finally pull the trigger. Of course this does not take into account the fun factor for the next 18 months and ignores the fact that us mature drivers have no assurance we'll be around 18 months from now - as I guess none of us really do - but we do think we're invincible at 50!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:47 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Peter: I agree with your logic. The newer cars will depreciate at a higher dollar amount than your 993, so your gap will be reduced in a year or 2, especially with the 997.2 coming into the showrooms. In the meantime, enjoy your 993 cab. By the way, I personally wouldn't put money into a sound system. I'd just listen to the motor and the wind. Even in my Targa, I seldom listen to music for the sake of it, because the noise level prevents hearing much fidelity anyway. And, I prefer to listen to my car, and PSE.

Quick Reply: OMG - She said Yes update