Need help in Boston @ IRA porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help in Boston @ IRA porsche

Hi,

I'm interested in a car on the lot at IRA porsche. This is a long distance deal so would appreciate the help of a local (Boston area) rennlister. If someone can take a look at it for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Unfortunately Alfie is no longer with the dealership.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:29 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luus-- I'll be tied up this week and on Saturday, but I could probably get over there to take a look on Sunday.

P.S.-- Alfie is a good guy, but I have to say re: IRA-- I live pretty close by, but I've had all kinds of trouble buying cars there, to the point that I go to the Porsche dealer in New Hampshire (which is much farther away) instead because they are easier to work with. (For e.g. I'd be given their "best possible, bottom line price" in person, only to come home and see it advertised by them on the internet for thousands less. Or, offered $500 off a new Cayenne as a bottom line-- which is a joke-- whereas the NH dealer sells to me for $2,000 above his verified invoice. Others have had a decent to great experience with IRA, but I've had much better luck elsewhere).

All that said, if they have a car you like then...
Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Luus
Pro

Thanks that will be very helpful. Anyone have some time before Sunday maybe during the week? I'm itchy to get things rolling...
Old 08-26-2008, 09:18 PM
glpellegrino
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rome
re: IRA-- I live pretty close by, but I've had all kinds of trouble buying cars there, to the point that I go to the Porsche dealer in New Hampshire (which is much farther away) instead because they are easier to work with.
Ditto. I have no idea why, but have never found them to be interested in selling me cars whereas I've bought two (06 Cayenne **** and 08 C4S) site unseen in the past two years from Nashua. I'm just grateful that I don't waste time anymore.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:20 PM
glpellegrino
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Luus
Thanks that will be very helpful. Anyone have some time before Sunday maybe during the week? I'm itchy to get things rolling...
I can stop by there Thursday or Friday.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Caughtacab911
Instructor

I had limited dealings with Ira Porsche, and not very good ones. When I was shopping they didn't have any 996 or 997 CPOs to speak of. Extremely limited inventory at the time (July), except for a 2004 C2 cab in carmona red that they were ready to give away for $49K. Someone else bought that one. Alfie was very good, all business, the sales manager Chris also seemed to make an effort, but they had nothing to deal with and I think it got to them. The service area was also always vacant. Now it's clear why: the dealership has been sold to the Lyon-Waugh Group, who own Nashua Porsche and Audi. I was told they'll probably just close it and consolidate.

That may or may not help in your dealings, but it's a fact nonetheless. Too bad, because I also bought an Audi for my wife at Ira Audi down the street and that experience was excellent.

Of course, don't get me started on the poor post-sale experience I had with Herb Chambers in Burlington where I did buy my car. For my money, Ray Sousa and the team in Nashua are the best of the 3 dealerships, without question.

Gene

Old 08-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 131 Posts

Coochas could probably check it out.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:25 AM
Luus
Pro

Thanks guys,

A very kind rennlister ran over there today and gave it a looking over. Sounds like the PO wasn;t too careful or picky about the exterior. The car has a lot of road rash on front bumper some scratches and dings all over and curb rash on the wheels

I like the color combo and options so am mulling it over. Probably will come down to price. we;ll see how it plays out over the next couple days.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:58 PM
kocsis
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Ira Porsche is being sold to BMW Peabody

wonder where Alfie went....
Old 10-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

I spoke to Alfie a while back. He went to Seacoast VW. Much closer to his home and wife. I don't blame him...

is there a Sale Managers position in Stoppies future back home??

Sounds like a job for me to come in and clean that place up!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:02 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IRA went downhill the day Racetrack Rick left.
Wouldn't touch the place with a 10' pole after that.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Luus
Pro

I agree with that seniment. As others here have said, I did not have a good buying experience there and would avoid them in the future.

Quick Reply: Need help in Boston @ IRA porsche