Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Much loved PSE - is this the kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:56 AM
purrybonker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Much loved PSE - is this the kit?

I just noticed this eBay listing by Suncoast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...6861QQtcZphoto

So, if I snag one of these kits and install it, it will tie in with my Sport Chrono button to engage PSE, or are there more goodies needed to skin this cat.

I'm getting tired of all you guys raving about how much you love your PSE and starting to think it might be really nifty with the top down.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:12 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Yes, that's it but it may not be that simple to install. The dealer bills installation at 8 hours of labor.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:18 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

but the sound... that sound...
Once you install you just unplug a cable in the engine compartment and leave it engaged all the time (unless you do highway -then it gets to be too loud at high cruising speeds) and try your fav twisty roads again...
Old 08-21-2008, 06:35 AM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by purrybonker
I just noticed this eBay listing by Suncoast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...6861QQtcZphoto

So, if I snag one of these kits and install it, it will tie in with my Sport Chrono button to engage PSE, or are there more goodies needed to skin this cat.

I'm getting tired of all you guys raving about how much you love your PSE and starting to think it might be really nifty with the top down.
Great-but weren't you the one complaining about those of us with great sounding exhaust disturbing your American House neighborhood and likened them to Harley Screamin' Eagles?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Matias_S
Instructor

That's it, but the install / integration with the 'Sport' button was a bit of a pain for my dealer. I don't know the exact details but they had to add some wiring and connectors => 340 usd for labor.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matias_S
That's it, but the install / integration with the 'Sport' button was a bit of a pain for my dealer. I don't know the exact details but they had to add some wiring and connectors => 340 usd for labor.
That's a very good price for PSE install with integration. I would suggest anyone to try and negotiate the install price ahead of time. An inexperienced technician can take a full day for the install.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Matias_S
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sharptt
That's a very good price for PSE install with integration. I would suggest anyone to try and negotiate the install price ahead of time. An inexperienced technician can take a full day for the install.
Took them 1 1/2 days, maybe labor here is not priced the same as in the US?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
sws1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you already have a sport button, it's easier, but still requires wiring into the computer. If you have BOSE, it's extra work. If you don't have sport button, running the wires is extra. My car with Sport button and BOSE took about 5 hours.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:43 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PSE is great......however, I recently did the Gundo/FisterD exhaust hack and it sounds almost as good for only a few hunderd clams. I simply had an independant Tech weld a 1.75 inch stainless pipe between the muffler's inlet and outlet pipes to partially bi-pass the system just like PSE does. Only downside is that you don't have a switch.....it is always on.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dianic
unless you do highway -then it gets to be too loud at high cruising speeds
No way - at Highway it still sounds great!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Boy, I'm glad I ordered it from factory! Sounds like a nightmare in installing post factory.

Best PSE I've heard is one that had 200Cell Sport Cats in with a set of headers. Normal sounds good with a lower sound than normal cats, but hit the button and stab the pedal.... WOW, now that's nice!!!! Best of both worlds! Full WOT while driving with owner sounds like a Cup car at Lime Rock track, man it sounded great. Get off the gas, it settles down to a low smooth sound a bit louder since it's on. Very cool!

Deanski
Old 08-21-2008, 10:05 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Install it with a 12 vollt line and switch, in ash tray, from front fuse box to solonoid. complete on/off control, no DMe control!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Eric_75
Intermediate

Don't bother with the full install. It's a waste of money!!! Ask me how I know Spend the extra money adding the X51 headers to the PSE.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:29 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by larrytrk
Install it with a 12 vollt line and switch, in ash tray, from front fuse box to solonoid. complete on/off control, no DMe control!
That is what I did. That way it is a simple on or off, without being tied to engine speed or Sport settings. I installed system myself, along with a set of X51 headers. The lengthiest part of the work was extending switch wiring into the cabin and console area, and to power source. It just takes care and patience but isn't brain surgery. Attached is photo of my ashtray switch.

Last edited by KeninBlaine; 01-07-2009 at 02:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Much loved PSE - is this the kit?